Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Tropic Thunder

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Just got back from it. HILARIOUS! It was far funnier than I thought it would be. And discuss . . .  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:41 pm
No one saw this movie?!  

Kenshin1387

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:31 pm
Haha Guess not.

I haven't seen it. I probably will though, with my boyfriend since he wants to see it so badly. I'm not really looking forward to it though. It looked a bit slapstick funny to me. Not my kind of humor. Was it slapsticky like?

Plus I really cant stand Jack Black. He's really fallen in my eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:27 am
I saw it. I was a little disappointed. While I did laugh quite a bit, and I thought RDJ was fantastic the entire time, it wasn't as funny as everyone made it out to be. (The best part was the Satan's Alley trailer, IMHO.) I guess I'm just spoiled by having been raised on the old school classic parodies of the 80's: Hot Shots, Top Secret!, Airplane, the Naked Gun. Nothing today has really matched up.  

onagakami

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:04 am
I saw it, and I can't believe I was laughing as hard as I was. RDJ is out of his mutha lovin' mind! He was so retardedly funny it was ridiculous. And Jack Black sucks. He didn't really say or do much of anything, which is fine by me. I liked Brandon Jackson, he was pretty funny too. And that whole bit with him and Lance at the end was adorable. >_<  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:17 am
I loved it. Downey Jr. was so amazingly funny. He is what made the movie. Probably one of the better comedies so far this year.  

Trichromatism

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:21 pm
onagakami
I saw it. I was a little disappointed. While I did laugh quite a bit, and I thought RDJ was fantastic the entire time, it wasn't as funny as everyone made it out to be. (The best part was the Satan's Alley trailer, IMHO.) I guess I'm just spoiled by having been raised on the old school classic parodies of the 80's: Hot Shots, Top Secret!, Airplane, the Naked Gun. Nothing today has really matched up.

I laughed harder at Satan's Alley then most of the movie, I think. I'd so pay to go see that. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:10 pm
havent seen yet but i want to its got ben stiler so i have to watch it... and john cussak how ever ya spell it  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:09 pm
It wasn't as hilarious as I thought it was going to be but it made me laugh. Satan's Alley made that movie by far. I cracked up sooooo hard when the Tobey McGuire popped up.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:50 pm
I thought it was a great parody of war movies, as well as celebrity stereotypes.
I loved it the whole way through, but I would agree with everyone else that the trailers at the begining of the film were the best part.  

Travis III

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:55 am
I thought it was hilarious. The lampooning of actor/celebrity stereotypes was spot-on. The only problem is that because the acting world is something that's detached from what most people experience, it was hard to find it them relatable, which is kind of needed to really "get into" a movie.

RDJ was fantastic.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff