Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
The Mist D: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thats Him Officer

5,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:49 pm
It was directed by the guy who directed Green Mile...I think, and henstly, he cannot direct horror movies, the acting was just so blah, but the ending was good.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:37 pm
I think Frank Darabont (the director) can direct, he just wasn't given the tools to do so well. I mean, give a director Tom Jane and you are asking for failure, not to mention that only a few directors can handle Marcia Gay Harden. She's a good actress, but if she's not kept under control, she can do some real damage. She was definitely great in her role, but her ability was far superior to anyone else in the movie, so, therefore, the acting overall just seemed terrible.

That being said, I enjoyed the movie, to a certain degree, but the ending just messed with my mind. I mean, the movie attempted to load itself with tons of symbolism, and then pile on the ending - SPOILERwith Tom Jane killing the rest of the survivors, and subsequently making Harden's prophesies true - what the hell does it all mean? It's a Stephen King story, so I know it can't be a simple as what it seems on the surface.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 am
hmmm ok i just wattched the mist and it wasnt wat i thought it was ..... lol. But i liked it. it was ok. it kept me awake anyway! Just knew that was gonna happen at the end when it did lol  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 pm
my mom hated the ending about how the lil boy died then the army came in. i didn't see it and i'm glad i didn't. it sounded gay as heck.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:56 am
"Ok, maybe I'm the only one, but I hated the ending. I read the story before I saw the movie as is custom in my house, and the story ends differently and better. They end up having the whole story narrated on napkins, because the main character and everyone who made it out of grocery, had stopped at a gas station to eat. They would sprint inside, and back to the car, it ended with them just driving off again still looking for a way out of the mist. The ending in the movie was soul crushing and unneeded uncertainly is much more emotional than any heart breaking ending.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff