Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Eragon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AZNangel715

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:41 pm
Fantasy books turned into movies are almost always going to suck. I'm with you because I don't like it when the whole storyline changes. I want to watch the movie so I can compare it to the book but if things are switched around, there isn't any point to watch them.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 pm
yes i agree with 1st post  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

dwnmstrsn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:21 pm
WOW Im pretty mad at this movie I was looking forward too it too and they so ruined it...i understand they have to cut out some parts but this was too short! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:27 am
User Image

I agree that the movie could have been better. I never read the book. It did have some cheesy lines though, but doesn't every movie?

Twisted Creativity

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:55 pm
I love the books. And after I saw the movie I died a little on the inside.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 am
I love the books but I learned not to watch it. I knew that they would do a bad job on it. so I just stayed away from it.  

Rasha is alone

Witty Phantom

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Jaizen-Kariir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 am
They butchered the movie. So manythings they cut out that were important in other books. Just having alot of actions scenes doesn't cut it with this book  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:04 pm
I doubt they are making another movie. This one turned out horribly for a lot of people. I haven't read the books but my sister has and knew it was terrible. My sister said they decided not to make the second book into a movie just because of how bad the first movie did.  

Ice Street 7

Aged Vampire

5,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Katai Rei Kun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Gnut2-0
I heard that the people who made Star Wars and Lord of the Rings was going to sue the Eragon movie makers because of (for Star wars) the magic looked to much like the Foce and (for Lord of the Rings) Because of the pointy ears.

I also heard that the author of the sires also was going to sue because he did NOT agree to the making of this movie, and that the people who where making it where not going to let him help them in the project.

I don't know if what I just said is true or not, but it dose clear some things up right?

LoL .. count the pointy ears thing out (no one has rights to pointy ears) besides the movie lacked on the pointy ear goes on an elf fact. PLUS .. The dwarves were tall, that also pissed me off. The fact that saphira aged in mid air was straight up lame. Bleh, ... characters just popped up outta nowhere and introduced themselves with out a warning of WTF was going on .. "Hi, im ajihad" and that was it. The only part that i felt was played well as to what i imagined from the book was the role of murtagh. I read eragon before the movie came into play. im rereading the second book (eldest) now since i put it down after watching that horrible abomination. Sorry for the rant.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:48 am
Katai Rei Kun Wrote:
Quote:

LoL .. count the pointy ears thing out (no one has rights to pointy ears) besides the movie lacked on the pointy ear goes on an elf fact. PLUS .. The dwarves were tall, that also pissed me off. The fact that saphira aged in mid air was straight up lame. Bleh, ... characters just popped up outta nowhere and introduced themselves with out a warning of WTF was going on .. "Hi, im ajihad" and that was it. The only part that i felt was played well as to what i imagined from the book was the role of murtagh. I read eragon before the movie came into play. im rereading the second book (eldest) now since i put it down after watching that horrible abomination. Sorry for the rant.

Yes, finally someone who EXPLAINED why they thought it sucked. I totally agree with you, after jumping up about every 5 minutes to yell at the tv screen (too poor to go to movie theaters), when Murtagh came about, I was a very happy bunny. But also...I kinda liked how they did Ajihad's character. It was awesome.

One thing that I, for some reason or another, seemed to notice, was that every time they had to run or ride through a field....IT WAS THE SAME FREAKEN FIELD OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! ....There was a tree in the field that stood by itself, and they passed it many times.

So basically, other than the fact that it was horribly botched as ever...that field was redundant to the point of me wanting to break the television.

Tourbillon

3,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Black-Ninja01

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:23 pm
Eragon was ok i think they should make a sequel just to make the first film look better.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:00 am
I went into Eragon at theaters with no expectations whatsoever. I had not read the book so I really had no idea what the story was about. I had fun watching the movie. I know it's a rather poorly done film, but it's just one of those films that I like despite the fact that I know it's kind of lame.

I did read the books afterwards though.  

Lunar Kissed

Valkyrie_Saphria

Hilarious Fairy

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:01 pm
RainWeaver1314
OnexLostxSoul
I concur... The plot was mangled, the whole theme was ultimately destroyed, and some of the lines were just the cheesiest that could have possibly been written. All in all, it was not pleasant.
do you think that they should make the second book into a movie as well, in hopes that it'll be slightly better? i'd like to see it as a movie, but... sadly, my fear of it failing like the first is scary...

They really can't make a second movie without re-writing the entire first part of the book. If I remember correctly, doesn't Eragon and Arya split up at the end of the movie?

I never thought it would be a good movie, mainly because good fantasy movies do not have pop artists *cough*AVRIL*cough* sing the ending theme song. lolz

I only watched it because my nana had bought it and my sister was going to watch it. I wish I hadn't! UGH! I was so upset. XD  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff