Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Open Water... Sucked SO BAD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keyblade Wielder Roxas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm
Okay, Open Water is arguably the Worst movie ever, in that the movie has no real outcome.

Movie outline:
BEGINNING
riding on a ship
occupants no longer in ship
Some people die...
...more people die...
...Last people left alive die...
END
Does this sound like a BLOCKBUSTER to you?! scream
Didn't think so...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 pm
hahah yeah it did badly aye its like oooohh yeah 2 ppl floating in water for 90mins  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Kerameia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:10 am
That does pretty stoic, but...isn't it a documentary sort of? I mean it's based on an event that really happened, so I guess you're supposed to be shocked at what happened to the people kind of thing...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:09 pm
You can't expect too much out of it. As it is based on real events; and it takes place out in the middle of the ocean...you really shouldn't be going in expecting a lot to happen. I'm surprised that it did as well as it did.
I wonder who decided that this would make a good film?  

Tobias Mule

Trichromatism

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:11 am
Mika Relie
You can't expect too much out of it. As it is based on real events; and it takes place out in the middle of the ocean...you really shouldn't be going in expecting a lot to happen. I'm surprised that it did as well as it did.
I wonder who decided that this would make a good film?

My thoughts exactly. But there were boobies in it!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:23 am
I've never seen the first, but the from the descrip it sounds as if you're describing the 2nd one. Were they that similar?

And the only reason I really watched the 2nd one was cause of Eric Dane. heart  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

that_aly82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:54 am
i heard this story on the radio about this old lady in europe who was watching open water on tv and she thought it was a live on the scene report about people in the ocean, so she called the military and they went on a search looking for them and they couldn't find them. after a while one of the guys realized that they were playing open water on tv that night and there never were people stuck in the middle of the ocean. lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:27 pm
That is amazing! Wow. xD  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:46 pm
I didn't even make 10 min before shutting it off. My friend hyped this movie cuz it was so cheap to make. And then you watch it and your like "Oh yeah, cheap movie equals nothing". The fact that this movie only got recogntion cuz of that, just shows how much we buy into advertising. Really how interesting can some people floating in water be?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:11 am
User Image

That has got to be the worst film I have ever sat through in my life. I was actually gobsmacked at how terrible it was. All they did was give you shots of the sky, the sun and them floating around in the water. When that thing hit her foot and she said something like 'oh, a shark..' in such a bland voice I couldn't believe it.

User Image

ReturnToOz

Victoria_Way

4,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:21 am
it was dumb.wow 2 ppl in the water how exiting.now they got eat by sharks like omg who didn't see THAT coming. stare stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:58 am
the trailer just looks like it's an at-sea version of paranormal activity.  

ChatGPT

Tipsy Raider

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 am
My friend talked up this movie so much. The fact that it was made with a budget cheaper than Blair Witch Project was the only claim to fame this film had. My friend put it in and I could only watch ten minutes before I wanted to claw my eyes out for entertainment. Lets just say my friend realized how dumb he had sounded for thinking this movie was good.  
Disappointing Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games