Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Movie Themed Wedding Reception

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:14 am
Hi all.

I'm a bit new to the guild, but that does not mean that I am not a movie lover. In fact, I'm in my last semester of college, majoring in video production. My fiance and I are movie and media nerds, so we decided that a movie and media themed wedding reception would be fun.

One of the biggest influences on our decorating came from a movie theater near where I live. This movie theater uses old film all the time to decorate up the place, so I thought to myself that this might be a good place to get some interesting decorations for my wedding for cheap. They ended up giving me 12 spools of film for FREE!!! I used that stuff in every imaginable way. We cut it up frame by frame to make film confettie (which we nicknamed "film-fettie"), put strips into curls that we can place here and there for some dramatic tension, wrapped around the bottom of the candles on our table centerpieces, you name it, we did it.

We are also using a lot of songs from movies. For example, our first dance will be "As Time Goes By" from Casablanca. Our bridal party will dance to "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story, my mom and I are going to sing "I'd Rather Be Blue" from Funny Girl, and I'm doing an Uncle/Niece dance rather than a Father/Daughter dance (my dad is not present in my life) and we'll be dancing to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from The Wizard of Oz. While we dine, we will listen to soundtracks from popular movies, such as The Godfather, Jaws, Chariots of Fire, Jurrasic Park, Gone with the Wind, and so on.

Our honeymoon will also be out of a movie. We are going to the Blue Mountains of North Carolina, to the same location where they filmed the movie Dirty Dancing. I'll be trying to take some pictures from right out of the movie.

I'l be posting pictures soon so that you all can see how it went.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:57 am
Wow! That sounds so cool! biggrin I like your decorating ideas. A movie themed wedding is a cool idea. I don't know why I never thought of it before. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your wedding.  

Rei Uchikino

Octaru250
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:33 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Good Luck with your wedding...hope everything works out!

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:24 am

That'll make a legend of a first dance song :'}.
All the best.
:}

KimberleyJane

kt_tashee_xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:00 am
sounds really nice!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:26 am
cool not for me but everyones dif  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Johbies

Friendly Bum

11,575 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:15 pm
That sounds like a very extraordinary theme for a wedding. I would've never thought of that. Good luck with your wedding. :]  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games