Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
X-Men Trilogy [SPOILERS inside]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I love
  GOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD
View Results

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 pm
Yes, the X-Men Trilogy kinda pissed me off quite a bit. Though several of the characters were cast perfectly in my opinion--Wolverine, Professor, and Magneto--the rest needed some work.

Rogue for instance, could've been better. I'm not entirely sure what version of X-Men the movie really revolved around, being that I'm only really familiar with the 90's version of the cartoon. And, in said cartoon, Rogue was not a bratty teenager that you wanted to slap around slightly.

Cyclops....I'm not sure. I just didn't like the guy who portrayed him at all. He was a d**k. I remember not caring for Cyclops in the series, but never wanting to actually do him bodily harm.

And, of course....Storm. Who's terrible idea was it to cast Berry's a** as Storm?! She majorly sucked! She couldn't get the accent down for crap and by the time the 2nd rolled around, there was hardly any accent to speak of, if there at all.

In the series, from what I remember, Storm never got her a** handed to her the way she did in the movies. EVER. She was a fighter, and damn if she wasn't a good one. In the movie, she was a wuss. An absolute wuss.

But besides the few character flaws of the movies, the series slowed down after the 1st one. The 2nd one was, and still is, very boring to me. STILL haven't seen it through, probably never will.

The 3rd one was just awful! I still can't believe they killed off so many characters. Okay, Cyclops's death didn't bother me so much, but Professor? What. The. Hell?! That broke my heart! Phoenix didn't surprise me at all. In the comics she died, so that I was pretty much expecting. But damn.

Okay, so enough of my rambling. Your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:43 pm
There's a thread on the main forum saying that it is good lol  

knightofthe21stcentury

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:10 pm
lol Yeah, I saw, but after posting I was still a bit peeved, so I came here. And Tada!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:49 pm
X men well i love the idea of being one so i liked the movies until................. I saw the 3rd one just stuffed up the whole xmen story really i mean ????? Rogue Human she didnt even learn to fly??

Oh well still cant wait til wolverine Movies come out  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 am
I agree on Hally Berry as storm and the third one was terrible. I actually liked the first two though, but I'm an Alan Cummings fan.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:04 am
Omg I found Rogue to be soooo annoying. In the first one she didnt bother me to much but in the second and third one I kind of just wanted her to disappear.

As for Storm...You're right. They killed her character. I remember her in one of the x-men comics I read when I was like..four. She was so badass, I remember wanting to e her and wanting to dye my hair white lik hers. rofl Not to mention she was sexy.

Usually I like Hally's performances but I have to say this one was disappointing. Although I contribute this to her script that she was given, They did a terrible job on her script.

Oh and an accent? I never knew Storm had one. And I certainly never heard it in the films. xp  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

AZNangel715

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:44 pm
I HATED the last movie. TOO many people died and they gave some characters shitty roles in the movie. Like Rogue and Archangel. (Sorry if I spell it wrong) I really wanted to see how Rogue was going to do but all they did was make her human so she could be with Bobby. That's gay. And all Arcangel did was save his father from dieing. I did like how they had Beast in the last fight though. That was really amazing.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:03 pm
I actually liked the first two movies, but I agree that the third was very disappointing. I did however enjoy Kelsey Grammer's portrayal of Hank McCoy.

I agree that Halle Berry didn't do a great job at portraying Storm. I remember in the first movie she had a bad accent, and then in the second movie she had no accent at all. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to never use the accent at all? And in the comics Storm is a very strong woman, but in the movie she doesn't seem to have the same strong willed spirit.

Rogue was completely out of character as well. If I remember correctly Rogue had a kind of tough girl attitude in the comics. But in the movies she was pretty much made of teenage angst.

One thing that annoyed me in The Last Stand was Angel. He barely had a role in the movie. Why bother putting him in the movie if he doesn't play a significant role?  

Rei Uchikino

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:42 pm
I know right! What was up with Angel. They ever put him on the cover I think, and he was in it what...five minutes tops? And he had like...three lines. Iwas like...O_O It was almost as bad as what they did to Two Faces character in The Dark Knight.

Both Characters should have had more screen time.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:47 am
sankapoo
I know right! What was up with Angel. They ever put him on the cover I think, and he was in it what...five minutes tops? And he had like...three lines. Iwas like...O_O It was almost as bad as what they did to Two Faces character in The Dark Knight.

yeah but the story wasnt about them ...... it just got arc angel into it to show why the father wanted to make a cure...... and it was the way it was because they had to make it so they couldnt make anymore... I mean an Xmen with NO Jean grey Xavier, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystiq and the rest Boring...  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Durrenn

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:00 am
I loved the first two movies. Three wasn't that great. I agree with Halle Berry being a crappy storm. She is so overrated.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:49 pm
Quote:
Quote:

yeah but the story wasnt about them ...... it just got arc angel into it to show why the father wanted to make a cure...... and it was the way it was because they had to make it so they couldnt make anymore... I mean an Xmen with NO Jean grey Xavier, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystiq and the rest Boring...

*sigh* I was hot when Mystiq had the cure injected into her. I was like..O_O wTF?! Time to go, Movies over kids. rofl  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Disappointing Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items