bury
  cremate
  throw in the bin
  cook and eat it
  baptise before doing any of the above
View Results

freestyle_skater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:10 am
My dog recently gave birth to premature deformed pup despite her hyper condition. She is not concerned about the loss of her first born pup. I talked to her vet regarding her advanced bleeding for 3 days *dogs are pregnant at 2 months; my pup is due by the end of the month* and thus, the pup have no fur and lacked a foot. The mother also don't know how to cut the umbilical cord so she ate it but also ate through the belly hole. I could not sleep or do anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:17 am
I have had to deal with this before while helping at a vet clinic. Its is sort of common for the mother to do that and some even will eat the whole dead pup. Its just natural to them. Sorry for your loss.  

bearian

RadicalEd

Aged Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:47 pm
I know that cats consume all of the matter that is released when their kittens are born. I think dogs do the same. I have also known dogs who are indifferent to even their live pups and have high anxiety when the pups are around them for too long, especially when they are an only pet and receive undivided attention.

I have a lot more experience with cats, but the indifference of the death of a pup is not the same as if a human loses a baby. They have several puppies at once, and usually at least one or two of them die during birth or shortly after. It's sort of a common thing among cats and dogs.

When I worked in a vet clinic for awhile quite a few dogs that came in to give birth lost, like I said, at least one or two puppies, and continued to take care of the others like nothing had happened.

I am sorry for your loss...it is always so sad to lose baby animals. But I hope that knowing there is nothing wrong with your dog might help a little. What she did was natural.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:05 pm
I would say a prayer over it and bury it..  

ladyshari

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff