Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Lala Chat. General chat & Spam
The Giver

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AZNangel715

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 am
Has anyone read the book by Lois Lowry? I think it's absolutely amazing and original. Not to spoil for anyone who wants to read the book, I took this summary from barnesandnoble.com about the book.

December is the time of the annual Ceremony at which each twelve-year-old receives a life assignment determined by the Elders. Jonas watches his friend Fiona named Caretaker of the Old and his cheerful pal Asher labeled the Assistant Director of Recreation. But Jonas has been chosen for something special. When his selection leads him to an unnamed man-the man called only the Giver-he begins to sense the dark secrets that underlie the fragile perfection of his world.

I heard that this book is in the process of becoming a movie. I wonder how they will make it seem in the characters' points of views. ONce you read the book, you'll understand what I'm talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm
i read it in one day!!! ah, midnight reading is the best!!!! jonas was amazazing!!  

P34CH13P00

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:33 pm
I read the book back in 7th grade for a report. To be honest, I really didn't like it! I wonder how they would do the perspective of the movie though, that'll be interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:45 pm
Midnight Phase
I read the book back in 7th grade for a report. To be honest, I really didn't like it! I wonder how they would do the perspective of the movie though, that'll be interesting.

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I mean it would be pretty obvious what the changes are in they put things in Jonas' point of view.  

AZNangel715

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:59 pm
no sounds interesting though i love good books  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:32 pm
I read it a long time ago... there are two other books that go with it (they make more sense if read in this order):
2)gathering blue
3)The messenger

I likes them... a little bit sad, but good all the same.  

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

AZNangel715

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:39 pm
MearaT
I read it a long time ago... there are two other books that go with it (they make more sense if read in this order):
2)gathering blue
3)The messenger

I likes them... a little bit sad, but good all the same.

I had to read The Giver last year and I was so addicted to what was going to happen next so I read all three. They really are amazing but I do agree that it's sad. I love how Lois Lowry has a different point of view on things in life.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:15 am
No, I haven't seen it.  

Ursaula

Lala Chat. General chat & Spam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas