Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Homosexual male: Minority in HP slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

paraphernalia_101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:54 pm
hmm so I read this whole thread (took me a while) and I've never thought of slash as only for females because I have guy friends who read it and well don't mind it. It was actually a guy who brought me into the lovely world of slash. I know some writers who have been guys too and I don't discriminate. If its good ill read it end of story. Thats just my ranting, I think its just so stupid when people stereotype others but anyways thats going off topic. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:06 pm
Lunar_Blade
Oh yeah! You told me about that cat chick... Neko- cat thingy ma bob. Very scary. I've got a guy at school who hears Snakes all the time... Or so he says. And he constantly calls people "foolish mortal". He's 15 by the way so maybe he is still in the "video game" phase.

Mind you I can't talk. *Huggles Link*

My parents are homophobes. My brother asked them what they'd do if he turned gay.
Mum: I'd Cry
Dad: You'd better not.

Speaks for itself doesn't it?

I think my dad would be the same. I've told everyone I'm ni exept him. BUt I hate that people are intolorent like that. I know it's a bit of the topic but once my gal friend and I went oth e supermarket early in the morning, all rumbled casue we just rolled out of bed and went, and I had really short hair at the time. We walked by this care with a man and his daughter and she said something about us and that I had short hair and he said "oh they're porbobly lesbians"

I turned around and gave him the fingure. I hate homophobic people.  

MasterMorganGregoryDrake

7,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

~Remus J. Lupin~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:52 am
I don't have much experience with this, being female and still holding the closet door open with my toe so I can run back inside if my family suspects me XD;; I was...not introduced to the slash world at all really o_o;; I opened a doujinshi in Japan and BAM dudes were all up in each other's space. I never even really met another person who liked yaoi until I was in university <.<;; (I was a little put off from gay culture in high school after having a very scary, very large lesbian stalking me and threatening to do *cough* hurtful *cough* things to me, sooo...)

When I did finally break through the innocence barrier to the underground civilization that is slash, the first thing I noticed was the uke-seme labeling... a concept that I never really got when reading books by myself. Why did it matter who's name came first? They had sex, end of story. But I have to ask-since I do not, and cannot know--how many gay men really DO label themselves as "the woman," or "uke" in the relationship. If I were a gay man I would imagine I would like to switch every once and awhile :/...

Sooo, yeah. That has always bothered me and I for one disprove of uke+seme hazing paddles and the idea that all men who take it must be comparatively small D:

End of my input...slightly off topic, perhaps... but my opinions nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:58 pm
I think it's pretty horrible that people think like that. I mean, it's just like automatically assuming that if someone wears black, their gothic. Just another stereotype. If it bothers you, do something about it. I mean, could you honestly say you loved someone if you began to think of them as your 'trophy?'  

queerduck

LilMeady

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:48 pm
Sirius Black-Lupin
But when the creepy weird girl who thinks she's a cat and buries leaves because supposedly they're "rare" starts feeling you up...

Yeah, not fun.

I think I may have dated that girl. Eeep.

Anyways, I agree that the principle that nobody should be treated as an object. As for slash being only for females... I don't think that's right but I can honestly say no males I know like slash.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:44 pm
You know, I've honestly never given it much thought. By that I only mean that for me it's a non-issue. I could care less who writes a story so long as it's well written. I do tend to cringe at sex scenes that just aren't quite.... all there.

I've got friends on both sides of the closet door, as it were. Both on and offline, in the fandom and not. It truly saddens me to think that there's those out there who don't get enough of bossing others around in their RL that they feel they should bring it over into the online world and dictate how it should be done. Rather defeats the purpose of fandom in general when folks start doing that.

I think i got off track from the original question. I suppose everyone has their own reasons for being here, meaning here in the slash world of fandom. I'm not one to really be bothered why people are here. If they're here to be entertained, then so be it.

There's a couple things that strike me from the original post that made me at least raise an eyebrow. First, I agree that it's sad to see others trying to shut out various people from slash based on gender or sexual orientation. That goes with what I said above about it defeating the purpose.

Second, is that I have to wonder "I am disgusted by the way some women see homosexual men as objects! Or forms of entertainment! That is just.. so wrong. It totally goes against what so many women strive for, to be viewed as human beings instead of just something to grope. "

There's a couple ways to look at that. First, yes it does go against the grain, so to speak, to objectify men when women in general have been fighting that very thing for ages. On the other hand, if you're sitting there reading a romance or slash story featuring a slashed couple, you can't help but look at them as entertainment. I can guarantee you I'm not reading a hot story in the name of women's lib. Well, I suppose in a way I am. My right to be aroused by it and all that.

I guess it's just an odd statement to make towards something that by it's very nature is designed for the purposes of entertainment. I get what you're saying there, I'm just not sure how fine of a line you're toeing there. It can certainly be a delicate issue.  

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mr Xenophilius Lovegood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:12 pm
yeah im a gay man who likes shlash.. people just assume that only girls like slash and its okay for them too like it but not gay guys. and straight guys are supposed too hate it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:13 am
Im a gay guy too who likes slash. The amount of times when ive written fics etc. girls have been reading them and commenting them and then they've been really shocked when they've found out i was male.

Surely...being gay, not trying to be egotistical or whatever, but...shouldnt we understand the goings on more then females? cause theres only so much you can find out over the internet. lol.

But then again, i dont know whether its a....evolutionary thing or something haha...but in the roughly 7 years ive been reading slash, most females who write it are getting...i wouldnt necessarily say better...but...more clued up about it (if you get me?)

Sorry if i sounded really sexist or something i didnt mean to. Quite a few of my female friends read and write yaoi and i dont care who writes it as long as it catches my attention.

Also about the whole "gays as entertainment thing" I notice when im walking round with my boyfriend that some girls (Especially in clubs or what not) do look a lot lol, but it doesnt bother me. I personally think theres a difference between watching etc. and the sort of "entertainment" women used to get used for. One of my friends who i talk to online admitted to me that when shes with her gay friend and his boyfriend, she cant help but perv a bit. But like me, they dont mind and i think thats the important bit, if they mind then stop it. If they dont mind, i dont see what harm it's going to cause.

Hope i havent like...upset anyone at all.  

Jack_Palahniuk

Oh Voldemort

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:07 pm
User Image
User Image

''

■► My favourite ever fanfic was written by a gay guy... at least I think he's gay.. 99% sure.

Best ever Scorpius/Albus <3
◄■

''

HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out