making friends in gaia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:34 pm
I've gained friends through threads that I've been in a long time, guilds, and some of the games on Gaia. If we have a common interest, the friendship begins very quickly and usually sustains itself. I actually do pm, comment on my friends profile, and generally poke them if I don't hear from them in awhile.

Any requests that I get from random people I've never talked to, I usually send them a pm stating why I'm not accepting and if they want to try again, I'm more than willing to get to know them. Usually, I never get a response from that pm.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:09 am
I'm rather Random Encounter to people.

I might talk with someone interesting, more often at games than towns but I keep adding people to minimum and consider people at same guild friends (it's passive us against them thinking). I have that much real life friends and acquaintances that I don't have time or interest to support many random online too. And especially on Gaia where most people are truthfully said ignorant kids.

Plus, I like my own time and that I can choose when to be social and with who. If there is people on my list I want to communicate with them and not just hold them there for decoration. Most of those on my list are my real life friends or other accounts.

When I joined Gaia, I knew that I won't be tying myself here very tightly just because that I already know so many people.  

Veddhartha

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 pm
I've met people through ZOMG and things like that, but very few. I have to agree with what someone said earlier though, it is hard to make friends unless you're between 12 and 17. Just keep poking through forums and such, the search is on for many!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 pm
Shinigami Unity
I just randomly talk to people. Sometimes that ends up bad - sometimes not. I'm pretty reclusive, though.

All I know is that the more friends you have, the more time it takes maintaining those relationships. And cripes, sometimes I barely have enough time for a shower let alone maintaining friends.

I is a loner. Wahh. crying

*pats* Tis okay biggrin  

Shuyajin

MotherMoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:54 pm
Try the game room in here. I have made a bunch of friends who are really great playing one of the games called rabbit doubt!!  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff