Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Question for the older generation. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinnyNeko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 pm
i am 21 and living away from home. as of a week ago i started my 2nd job, which i will be walking to, i have no car. almost everything i make goes to bills/groceries and i make over minimum wage ($6.55, im making $7). my spendings on entertainment come down to $15/month for world of warcraft, and i attend 2 anime conventions a year, which from now on, i will be staffing for a free weekend pass and crash space.

with the economy in its ever present state of blah, id say that NO, it is not feasible to live (alone) on minimum wage. if you have room mates you could probably manage, but the more room mates you have, the more likely you have a chance of someone not being able to pay their share that month (yes i have experience with this, and my bf, who i live with, has even more).

im hoping that with a second job ill actually have enough left over at the end of the month to start saving for a car, and then to start saving for gas for the car -_-;; i dont qualify for health insurance at my 1st job, and am still just training at my new one, so i cant get sick or im really screwed. life on low-minimum wage jobs is not all that fun, and its not easy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 pm
thank you all very much for the answers  

Quixilver05

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:28 pm
Living on minimum wage is never comfortable and it's particularly hard to do so outside of a large city. That's why it's MININUM, the absolute least amount of money you can be paid and survive.

Personally, I always hoped I would earn more than that. Experience has taught me otherwise. I'm never happy to get minimum wage, but when that's all you got, you're thankful that the Free Market isn't completely responsible for setting your wages.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff