Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Decide for Yourself [OURAN DUB OUT NOW!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dream Gazing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:29 am
During the first 2 minutes I got very sad. (I watched it on Youtube.)
Every single anime I watch is subbed. I mean, my heart endured a hurtful squeeze after watching the horrid dubs of Fruits Basket. Might as well put my input then.

MY Rant:

Tamaki: They just totally got this right. I mean, like, wow. =D Good job.

Kyouya: Err... his voice is like.. way too old. D:

Hunny: crying WHYYYY?!?? OMG, WHY? It's like..a crime..butchering the character.

Hikaru and Kaoru: Eh. Not terrible. They could have done better.

Haruhi: I don't care much for her voice either.

Mori: I can't tell. He only had one line. =(

Alltogether, I guess I could get used to it.. but if I can find subs, I WILL listen to them instead.

(End of Rant.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:59 pm
Just to put my opinion out there:

1) In almost every anime ever dubbed, the Japanese version is better (I mean, it was originally made to be voice dubbed in Japanese in the first place).

2) I think Vic Mignona is amazing, for a change of pace (transition from Edward Elric to Tamaki is a pretty large jump.

3) I thought that Haruhi's voice was too low and maybe a little old (sorry, voice actress!). But, then again, if this story was to appear more realistic/accepted in English countries (USA for example) her voice would have to be deeper to pass as a boy.

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

girlynaturegal24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:35 am
i loved it! Vic is awsome! I think they picked a wonderful cast! The ending was way better with vic but the opening wasn't too good at first. But if you listen to the opening over and over i sort of start to like it  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm
I prefer the Japanese version.

pruestar

0nee-san

Timid Kitten

16,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:36 am
My god, before the dubbed came out, I managed to find a clip online on youtube somewhere, and I wanted to cry.

It was the worst thing I had ever heard in my entire life.

When I think of Tamaki, I think of a prince beyond words! But when I heard him through the dub, all I could picture was FREAKIN EDWARD ELRIC. I MEAN, COME ON. D:< Why do I want to picture some pip-squeak in an Ouran uniform, seriously?

That, and Kyouya's voice is soooo low. Dx He sounds like an old man, and it's a total turn off. ; w ;

I think they did a horrible job, and Ouran should've never came out with a dub. It should've been one of those anime's that's in Japanese, ONLY. Dx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 am
User Image

*Sighs*

I personally enjoy English above the Japanese, but both are well done. I've already ranted my take on the fact that everyone these days seems to complain about anime in English. You attempt to fit your voice in a correctly translated version of a Japanese statement to the voice flaps that play, and then start complaing.

I apologize, if you like to read my take on it, read my post in "Holy Hell The Songs" forum and you will understand my views.

Tamaki: Vic is the current Master of Voice Acting. His portrayal was amazing.
Kyouya: Very well done, Tatum's voice fit perfectly for an English speaking Kyouya.
Twins: Wow, I was surprised that two very different men could fit their dissimilar voices together like that. I love it. Greg Aryes, you rock as Kaoru.
Hunni: Hmmm, I understand the difficulties for the voice actress who has to play a small boy in an anime. Hunni was ok, but at times Hunni's cute portrayal allowed the female voice to slip every now and then.
Mori: Hahaha, go Travis Willingham! You have to be talented to be able to do well with one partial "Hmph" per episode.
Haruhi: Interesting take on the 'natural'. I believe the Japanese and English worked alike. Both portrayed Haruhi well.

User Image  

Yuzume_Mikien

4,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Acorna Moonmist

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:16 pm
All I can say is all of you are far braver than I...I can't make myself watch it in English. =>.<=  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:02 pm
I like it.  

Aurora Crystal Aura

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash