Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Changeling

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quack Quack Mutherducker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:37 pm
are you going to see it?

I probably am since I heard it was supposed to be really good. Since I've read the Holly Black books and stuff I can't help but associate a "changeling" with a faerie. But I don't think that has anything to do with it. But I think it's the same concept.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:32 am
I'd like to see it. The trailers promises suspense, political butt-covering, and heart-wrenching sobs. And I haven't seen Angelina Jolie in a non-action role yet. (I'm not counting _Shark Tale_, that was a bad movie)  

Tobias Mule

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:57 pm
I saw Jeffrey Danovan...and I was like "i'm sold!" lol...it looks interesting enough though...weird as hell...but i want to go watch pride and glory...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:41 am
I'm probably going to see it. I haven't seen a movie directed by Clint Eastwood yet (save for part of that boxing movie), and the story intrigues me too.  

Quixotic Faye

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:07 pm
I'm so excited for this movie. Clint Eastwood is amazing - he can do no wrong. I hear this movie is supposed to be another classic from Eastwood, so that makes it something like 5 in a row for him.

And Angelina Jolie looks phenomenal. Maybe this the movie she needs to restart her flailing career.

Let's hope for the best.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 pm
I saw it Friday night. Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich were pretty awesome, but the movie just lost it about 40 minutes or so from the end. It kept going into little mini-climaxes which seemed to mark the end of the movie, and then it kept going. And kept going. And kept going. The end was full of meandering scenes and it just unraveled and lost focus, which is a shame because it was a great movie up until then.  

Quixotic Faye

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:19 pm
Quixotic Faye
I saw it Friday night. Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich were pretty awesome, but the movie just lost it about 40 minutes or so from the end. It kept going into little mini-climaxes which seemed to mark the end of the movie, and then it kept going. And kept going. And kept going. The end was full of meandering scenes and it just unraveled and lost focus, which is a shame because it was a great movie up until then.

I will not be deterred. I will still see that movie! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:28 pm
The Dark Archer
Quixotic Faye

Oh, it's definitely worth a view, but the end was really weird and disappointing, especially considering how good it was for the other 2/3rds-3/4ths-ish of the movie.  

Quixotic Faye

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:35 pm
Quixotic Faye
The Dark Archer
Quixotic Faye

Oh, it's definitely worth a view, but the end was really weird and disappointing, especially considering how good it was for the other 2/3rds-3/4ths-ish of the movie.

Now I want to know the ending only xD ;p  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:24 am
xLongIis4loversx -- I'm not sure who Holly Black is, but traditionally, a Changeling is a mythical creature that takes the place of a stolen human child. The fairies/nymphs/elves that took the real child replace them with a doppelganger...kind of like what the police do to Jolie's character. Overall, I'm really excited to see this movie! ^_______^x

RedWhiteBlack -- Angelina's flailing career? She just did Kung Fu Panda and Wanted, two of this summer's biggest movies outside of Dark Knight. She's still got it, and I'm pretty sure that she always will have it. ;D domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 am
I really want to see it. This will be the...second? Yeah second movie I've seen Angelina act in that wasn't action packed. rofl
Plus it just looks really good and I love John Malkovich.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:35 pm
Spoilers!!
I thought it was a great movie though they should have used more of the actual facts such as the fact that Northcott's mother was involved with murdering the children and at one point admitted to killing Walter Collins. Also, they were caught not in Vancouver but near Vernon, I guess they wanted to use a city that more Americans would know about.

Also, Angelina's scenes of crying and anger weren't as realistic as they should have been. One of my nieces went missing for an hour at a public outdoor pool and I was running through random stores, screaming and sobbing. I can't imagine that Christine Collins would have acted as calmly as Angelina portrayed her.  

Herself Online

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 am
Herself Online
Also, Angelina's scenes of crying and anger weren't as realistic as they should have been. One of my nieces went missing for an hour at a public outdoor pool and I was running through random stores, screaming and sobbing. I can't imagine that Christine Collins would have acted as calmly as Angelina portrayed her.
confused
People don't all react the same to a given situation.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games