21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
First Interstate Bank (FIB)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
U. S. Bancorp
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Oh heck, every member of the Fed Reserve system, if it gets me some gold, shucks!
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
I live in Canada.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Bank of Elegance
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:59 am
With all the banks getting bought out, going bust and just generally floundering in the last few months, I've started to get a little fatalistic.

To balance that out, I've been easing some of my own financial worries by gunning for certain institutions to crash.

So what bank do you NOT want to see saved and why?

Me, I'd like the government to let Citigroup go belly up.
A while back, I was out of work for a few months and answered an ad for what seemed like a phone bank cattle call. It turned out to be a bunch of jerks from Citigroup trying to sell me a franchise. Man, I wanted to see those jerks go belly up for that!

Chase is also on my "let the bear eat it" list because of experiences I had as a bank driver. Peoples almost made it for their insufferable staff, but I like some of their investment packages.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:31 am
How about none? They may not be the nicest companies, but are you honestly forgetting all the real people who have their monies tied up in them and the situation all those people would end up in? I know a TON of people with Chase cards or bank accounts whose whole lives would be destroyed. So no, there's none I hope would tank, because that's not something I'd want to wish on anyone's finances.  

charamath

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:25 pm
Bank of America.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:54 pm
None of them are my bank, so I don't care if they all sink! heart  

Corbin Noir

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:28 pm
BOA is on my list of all-time worst banks ever ~ has been since 87-88 when I watched them screw over any number of people ~ hidden fees all over the place that you don't find out about until after your account is overdrawn... you charged me what for what? Huh! This was my first year out of HS and along with several of my new co-workers we opted BOA over WF (Wells-Fargo) with lower fees. Turned out we paid out a lot more than we would have with the other bank. Making minimum wage in a place like San Fran-circus and having to have multiple roommates just to pay the rent, the last thing I needed was to be f'd up by the bank. The topper came when my bank card was stolen and I called it in ~ someone used the card after I reported it and took out $200 (the limit at that time). Despite having reported the card stolen in a timely manner, they still made me pay up the $200 plus other fees. I closed the account and haven't been back with them since, nor with any of their affiliates. Now I'm with a credit union, and much happier.

Note: Most banks are insured to cover losses of their members if they were to go belly-up ~ side effect of the Depression. Looks like we're headed for another one soon. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:39 am
LOL Citigroup....  

Venuslady

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:43 pm
If it wouldn't harm so many people who trusted and relied on these banks I'd like to see all of them sink. However, the damage to so many just makes me sad, angry, and frustrated over the whole affair.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:50 pm
Makes me glad I don't have a bank account, or use banks, or any other financial institution, for anything, period.  

Draconian Pheonix

obe1ball

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:56 pm
TCF! xp Totally free checking my a**!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:33 pm
Chase can die. I don't care.  

ChyaneLlree

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:04 pm
Thanks everyone who answered!

And in my sparse defense, I'd like to point out that MY bank was sold and I lost my account and all sorts of horrible things happened.

I was expressing the banks I wish I'd seen take it up the backside instead of the one I banked at... bit of a bitter pill for some folks, I know.

Oh! I almost forgot USBank. I had way too many bad experiences with them! (Write USBank on his sink list. It has a picture of the Titanic at the top.)

Also, I'm hoping the damn car companies don't get a bailout. I hate FUVs.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:44 pm
Idon't know that I'd want any of them to tank, but maybe they should be re-vamped. They suck you in with promises like free checking, then get you with hidden fees. We have an account with a decent bank, but they are possibly being sold to Well Fargo, whom I had good experiences with. As for BofA or a few others, well, they suck and not very good at it!  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gaian Geezers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items