Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Facebook like status feeds Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Gaia the next Facebook?
  yes
  no
  vat eez tiz facebuk you sveak uf?
View Results

xX_Radimir_Xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:06 am
clans=poorly thought out
towns=confusing and weird
games=less fun after rules for room names changed
guilds=gaia better not screw them up
mp=quit it after i made a fortune of LCD tvs/ the new mp came out
aquarium and other features borrowed from elsewhere=dumb
forums=varies
gaia=not sure of a word to describe it anymore

All these new adds they're making are annoying me. I'm glad they haven't added adds to guilds yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:32 am
LMFAO @ THIRD POLL CHOICE XDDD

Well, anyways, what I've heard about Facebook is it was WAY better back when it first came out and it was designed for college people to hook up with old school friends and such, but now that they've added a bunch of stuff, it's almost as bad as myspace, and with a bunch of fake users (What's their deal?) it isn't nearly as good as it used to be. But I suppose all good things come to an end at some point.

This is my source-
Quote:
Facebook was awesome when it was just for college students. If any of you remember, you had to have a University approved email address (and confirmation) in order to sign up in the early days. The website did a great job of fulfilling its purpose: keeping college students connected and maintaining friendships from high school with people who have moved out of state.

Look at it now, though. It's open to everyone. Fake people have Facebook accounts (I'm looking at you, Cam the Ram). Not only that, but it's gotten terribly convoluted with all those applications and games you can add to your profile now. It disgusts me, I'm off of it.

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

xX_Radimir_Xx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:47 am
I have no idea what I was on when I thought of it mrgreen

I don't mind the way Facebook is. I only hook up with people that are actually my friends on there and I ignore most of the apps I get, but some of them are fun for a little while (the one's I've liked best had links to tons of different online games and then this other app has tons of funny bumper stickers).

If people want to complain about fake users that they don't even know and probably won't befriend and about apps they don't have to see or use, then that's their problem in my opinion. I'm always on the home page of Facebook...I almost never look at other profiles.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:35 am

User Image

I have facebook, I never knew it used to be a college student thing, to me it was a waste of time. The only reason I ever got it was to keep in touch with my friend whom was leaving town for a year. They're back now but I'm using it to keep in touch with other people I found via facebook from high school days, and since graduating from Uni, my old college buddies as well.

I am slightly disappointed by Gaia's need to copy certain aspects of Facebook, and thus seemingly losing the element that was Gaia from when I first joined. However I also think the status bar is somewhat useful in certain areas...

My opinion is that Gaia is becoming more like every other hangout site, however if it can keep its own originality (though I doubt it) can still remain more interesting than sites such as Facebook and myspace (I'm not really sure how fun myspace is since I don't have one). At the moment I'm more interested in checking Gaia than facebook.

User Image

Chosan

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games