Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
How can I kill Diablos (the guardian from the old lamp)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoarfrost Dirge

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:42 pm
Ive spent about 3 days trying to beat Diablos. but no matter what combo I come up with I die. Please help me here.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:49 pm
Basically Blind him. He can't hurt you with physical attacks, and gravity attacks will never kill you. If you let him keep you in critical health, you can get him with Limit Breaks. If he happens to get a lucky shot in with a physical attack, just Revive the character.

Alternately, you can Draw Demi from him and use it back on him. For some reason then he'll then heal you...

He's also weak against Wind.

About what level are you? He's actually easier earlier on, but if you fight him later, you can utilize the Revive command for the first strategy, and of course you can Junction Blind to your ElmAtk.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Hoarfrost Dirge

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:56 pm
Thanks !! biggrin
Ill try that I didnt know i could blind him and I usualy just use that one summmon that cast reflect (Cant spell it so I wont try sweatdrop ) and Im around lvl 18-23 on my charecters  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:09 pm
I remember the last time I got Diablos, I was using Laguna & Co. during the first dream world sequence. That was a fun one! I got Desperado on him, like, 5 or 6 times!  

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoarfrost Dirge

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm
this bites i cant even play ff8 now to try out any idea since my psx emulator broke scream (Thingie that lets me play ps1 games on laptop) sad  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 pm
Limit breaks work very well. Oh, and the GF you're thinking about is Carbuncle.  

Seisoku Yami

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:44 am
Blind is very good. And to make sure that there is always one character ready to cast healing spell to someone if HP seems to fall too down. Be systematic with it and try to anticipate when Diablos is going to make next strong attack.

At first time I made a mistake of trying once and then moving on the game and trying again at some much later levels. Of course it matches to your current level and strength... So beat it as soon as possible to get all the advantages of it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:14 pm
i always beat him when i first get the lamp, and i always win by casting demi on him after drawing it from him. don't bother with draw-cast, he won't heal you , you have to draw-stock it. also, if you use squalls limit on him several times after you use demi a few times, you'll kill him real fast. he's an easy one to get.  

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

VampireDesh

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 pm
Gin_ Usagi
i always beat him when i first get the lamp, and i always win by casting demi on him after drawing it from him. don't bother with draw-cast, he won't heal you , you have to draw-stock it. also, if you use squalls limit on him several times after you use demi a few times, you'll kill him real fast. he's an easy one to get.

I did that exactly as well. You don't even have to blind him. Just keep hitting him with Demi until you only do 1/4 of a normal attack and then attack him. Done.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:00 pm
Diablos was easy for me on my Squall Solo game biggrin , beat him the first time I got the lamp, Blinded him, got myself in critical condition and unleashed a TON of renzozukens, it quickly killed him biggrin  

BBlackVVeilBBrides

Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff