Submit

The White Lily

Welcoming Sophomore

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:35 pm
1. Do you think capital punishment (the death penalty) prevents people from committing crimes?
no
2. Should life imprisonment without parole be used instead of capital punishment in the most violent and heinous crimes?
yes
3. Do you think capital punishment violates the 8th amendment of the constitution that protects us from "cruel and unusual punishment"?
no
4. Do you support capital punishment?
half-in-half
5. Do you think capital punishment should be abolished?
no
6.Do you feel the death penalty is imposed on the convicted fairly? (without regard to race, gender, social status, wealth, etc.)
no
7. Should convicted teenagers criminals (under 18 ) be sentenced like adults? ( To be incarcerated in adult prisons, subject to capital punishment?)
depends on how bad and the motive
8. Do you think society should spend more money on rehabilitative prison programs, rather than just on incarceration?
"rather than just on incarceration?"i think it should be done evenly  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:53 am
1. Do you think capital punishment (the death penalty) prevents people from committing crimes? No

2. Should life imprisonment without parole be used instead of capital punishment in the most violent and heinous crimes? Yes

3. Do you think capital punishment violates the 8th amendment of the constitution that protects us from "cruel and unusual punishment"? Yes

4. Do you support capital punishment? No

5. Do you think capital punishment should be abolished? Yes

6.Do you feel the death penalty is imposed on the convicted fairly? (without regard to race, gender, social status, wealth, etc.) No

7. Should convicted teenagers criminals (under 18 ) be sentenced like adults? ( To be incarcerated in adult prisons, subject to capital punishment?) That would depent on the crime, but not subject to capital punishment. Overall, yes

8. Do you think society should spend more money on rehabilitative prison programs, rather than just on incarceration? No

I'm the only anti-death penalty person in my family xP  

GabrielleClearwater

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Do you think capital punishment (the death penalty) prevents people from committing crimes? No. Why would there be so much crime if it did?

2. Should life imprisonment without parole be used instead of capital punishment in the most violent and heinous crimes?
No.

3. Do you think capital punishment violates the 8th amendment of the constitution that protects us from "cruel and unusual punishment"?
Now that you bring it up, I don't know. Depends on the degree of the crime.

In some situations. (i.e. killing a child)

5. Do you think capital punishment should be abolished? No.

6.Do you feel the death penalty is imposed on the convicted fairly? (without regard to race, gender, social status, wealth, etc.)
I live in a non-death penalty state; I wouldn't know.

7. Should convicted teenagers criminals (under 18 ) be sentenced like adults? ( To be incarcerated in adult prisons, subject to capital punishment?) No.

8. Do you think society should spend more money on rehabilitative prison programs, rather than just on incarceration?
It should be done evenly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:56 am
1. Do you think capital punishment (the death penalty) prevents people from committing crimes?

Ever watch Death Note? Nope.

Yes.

Describe unusual, please.

Depends what for. Generally, no. But for some things, yes.

5. Do you think capital punishment should be abolished?

Not entirely.

Yes. Just because you are/aren't something doesn't mean you should be able to bend the rules in court.

7. Should convicted teenagers criminals (under 18 ) be sentenced like adults? ( To be incarcerated in adult prisons, subject to capital punishment?)

I think.... 15+. Since at 15, you can think for yourself, and the actions you start at around that time can stick for life.

Lower taxes, but that's a good idea.  

Azusanga

writerprincess29

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:58 am
The Smoking Robot
I have to do a questionnaire about what people think of the death penalty for my law studies class... If you can, just answer yes or no for each question; you can explain why you chose your answer if you want. :/
Questions:
1. Do you think capital punishment (the death penalty) prevents people from committing crimes? Not at all
2. Should life imprisonment without parole be used instead of capital Only if you can prove, beyond a doubt that the person was guilty of the crime.
5. Do you think capital punishment should be abolished?punishment in the most violent and heinous crimes? I'm evil, so I say give the person whichever one they would hate most. If it were me, I'd rather die, then spend lief in prison, but not everybody agrees with me. So it depends on what the person...
3. Do you think capital punishment violates the 8th amendment of the constitution that protects us from "cruel and unusual punishment"? Not at all
4. Do you support capital punishment? Only if you can prove beyond a doubt that the person was guilty
6.Do you feel the death penalty is imposed on the convicted fairly? (without regard to race, gender, social status, wealth, etc.) In most cases, yes
7. Should convicted teenagers criminals (under 18 ) be sentenced like adults? ( To be incarcerated in adult prisons, subject to capital punishment?) Depends on the crime. For robbery no, for murder, yes.
8. Do you think society should spend more money on rehabilitative prison programs, rather than just on incarceration? That sounds like a good idea
Eh, I know it's dreary... -_-

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces