Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Why are you never happy?!?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What to do?!
  Kick them in the butt
  Keep doing this for the rest of your life
View Results

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:02 pm
You know... Now that I think about it I realize that I was very depressed for quite awhile. I talked to my friends about what I thought that I was depressed about, but it was never the root of the problem that I was talking about. It took me going to a councilor to finally figure out what was wrong with me and to be able to work past it. Yeah, you're friend may keep on telling you time and time again what they think that their problem is, but they may not realize that their problem goes deeper than they realize. They may need to talk to a councilor to be able to get to the bottom of things. And yes, there are affordable councilors out there that are willing to sit there with you for an hour and not really say a thing while you pour out your heart to them about what your problems are. Answers can often be within yourself, it's just that sometimes you have to dig deeper than you think that you should have to dig to be able to find out what the answers really are.

Then again, there are the councilors who will talk you through every situation that you are really struggling with. They will help you to figure out what you want to do about the situation and help you see the ways to work through it. They can be very helpful people. Heck, if you go to the right ones then you may even be able to get some help if you are troubled by financial circumstances (they probably won't be able to just give you money, but they may be willing to help you find a better job or point you to somebody that has helped some of their clients in the past).

(Oh yeah, my councilor was $15 an hour because I could afford it with the size of my Wal*Mart paycheck. There is the proof that not all councilors are all about the Benjamins.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 am
People have their own weaknesses, as has been pointed out.

Something else to consider: are they working? What about their immediate family, if they're still living at home? Are there financial concerns hanging over everyone (or could there be money problems you don't know about)

We're in the worse economic straits since the Great Depression. Every problem someone has can be made worse by this.  

Skaedi

RawryCookieX3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:35 am
I go through depressions a lot but I don't really tell my friends about it.
I just act all happy and pretend that everything is going awesome.
But really its not. I think you need to talk to your friend and be like girl are you really depressed cause if you ain't I don't have time for your fake crap.
But then be like but if you are depressed, why are you depressed!!!??? And Then say I'm not feeling happy that you are talking about suicide so when you quit the act call me.

Good Luck!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:48 pm
geez, these kinds of people are so weak. they don't even know that many people have gone through much worse then they have, yet they are trying their best and putting all their energy into finding negative things about their life. its pathetic. sure, people can become sad sometimes, but everyone goes through problems. they act like they are the most unfortunate people in the world, when in fact they are all the causes of their problems. fighting something bad with something bad will never do anyone good. fighting bad with good may also be tough, but those are the people who are strong and win in the end. that is how I see it.  

happy100precent

ElmoDoesWeed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:39 am
damn, i understand how feel...i might be like 1 of ur friends...depressed, longing, n all tht.... i hav a friend tht's SORTA like dat....she's changed ALOT and she keeps on being REALLi bad, i mean like messing wit her friend....who thn diesses mi friend...she's realli changhed.... although it's not like ur friend...i understand how she n u feel...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 pm
I have friends that do the same thing. I wish I had the courage to kick them in the butt, but I don't. Really, we can't help our friends, unless they help themselves. Sadly. crying  

Esme Eames

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games