68%  [ 34 ]
Snow Feather
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:11 am
It's a sad fact of fashion that it's hard to go wrong with black.

It's also a sad fact that evil tends to wear a lot of black in western culture.

That's why I like cartoons where purple and blue make an eerie substitute for black.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:02 am
Dark side has... Sith.  

Veddhartha

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:11 am
For some reason I always wanna call you Sid  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:50 am
in response to the very first post.. I think the answer is simple. the darker items just basically fit the more cool outifts, and I find a majority of people on here want to look cool and maybe slightlt sinister or more sinister vs. looking cute and pretty.. not to mention lets face it.. evil can just look damn sexy  

CeraKnight

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:53 pm
CeraKnight
in response to the very first post.. I think the answer is simple. the darker items just basically fit the more cool outifts, and I find a majority of people on here want to look cool and maybe slightlt sinister or more sinister vs. looking cute and pretty.. not to mention lets face it.. evil can just look damn sexy

I would definitely have to disagree with your statement. It is completely biased and has nothing to back it. I know for a fact that you can look just as cool with an angelic themed or "cute" avatar. I've been doing it for a long while. I have also learned that it isn't a theme that really makes something look good. It's the ability to match items with each other and make them look good together, and being able to make an original theme, rather than just dark or just light.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 pm
I think you just see a lot of "dark" themed avatars because we have a lot of emo/goth wanna be vampire kids running around.

The other explanation that covers us adults (the other half of "dark" themed avatars), is that the stress and frustration of adult life makes us want a place to vent our inner evil. twisted
Well ok the above could be for kids wanting to be "evil" online too.

Take your pick, either way it's just how we want to express ourselves. I only made a somewhat "dark" avatar for Halloween, but even then I'm usually geared towards cute/pretty.  

mizducky

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:16 pm
Harbone

What is that sad? I like black. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:31 pm
QuietStorm XII
Im pretty new at this site ( sort of ). Im, by no means, angry, emo, depressed, or anything like that. So why do all the items that really appeal to me are the dark, sinister, twisted ones? My Avi looks like that because of the the holiday season but trust me, I hate it. Ive got alot of items ( Dark Whisper, Lotus, shadow spirit, beads, assassins guise, yama bama blah blah blah (lol you know what I mean!)) That I want to just exploit all the "evil versions". Maybe its an outlook on my inner self. Maybe. Is it just me? ninja

I'm that way myself and I've been around since 2005. But black has always been my fave color (even as a child) many of the items that appeal to me fit that color scheme.  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:44 am
Karill
Harbone

What is that sad? I like black. razz

Well, it's sad because I like pinks, oranges and blues, which anyone will tell you, it's very easy to screw up with in fashion.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:31 am
It's probably representative of a side of yourself you can't show in the real world. I usually always go for the light things. But there are a couple dark things I like.  

Pinque Von Fluffendorken

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fallicious Flavor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:21 pm
I guess I have always been somewhere in the middle on the outside, The inside of my is something dark indeed twisted

As a result, my outward reflected Avi is neutral. I have generated 2 very dark and interesting Avatars I think are impressive. Tektek FTW.

-I'll have in this edited post-

User ImageUser Image
Bwahahaha! >:]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:29 pm
the evil ones are the best ones!!!  

~Red Fairy Princess~

Die Scum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:50 pm
Veddhartha
Dark side has... Sith.

-Joins the dark side-.

I always make my avatar's dark. I like sinister things, but find them amusing rather than worship them seriously.

It's a bit of fun. [And it looks more appealing than wings and glitter and love hearts] xD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:57 pm
I think dressing your Avi up is just like a kid playing dress up or wearing a costume for Halloween. Sometimes its fun being something you cant really be.  

chdllthstll

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:52 pm
Some colors are just too easy to mess up -I'm thinking oranges, reds and browns. It's really hard to make those colors look good.

Of course, some of us don't care about looking good...  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff