Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Scott Westerfeld Guild (first ever made)

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to Scott Westerfeld and all of his creations in life. 

Tags: scott, westerfeld, author, books, young adult 

Reply Peeps
Satisfied with the Last Days?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AliceCullen93
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:47 pm
Did you enjoy 'the Last Days' (sequel to the 'Peeps')? How would you feel about another book to continue the series?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 am
I was pretty happy with it, although I know some people weren't. And I definitely loved Lace's small part -- she's always hilarious.

I don't think he should write another book in the series (which is good, because he's not going to). Even though we don't find out exactly what happens with the world, I think the rest sort of goes without saying.

I love the part at page 282, where Moz says what Cal told him: that only the smartest worms survived, so in a few hundred years when they attacked again, they would be harder to beat. I guess humans just have to hope that by that time, they'll be smarter too. They'll definitely be more prepared -- this time, most people didn't even know the worms existed.

That part reminded me of a line from the movie Signs:
"Morgan: They said there are one of two outcomes of an invasion. One: they fight, and are defeated, and have to return again with full forces hundreds or even thousands of years later.
Graham Hess: What's two?
Morgan: They win."
The first outcome happened in TLD.

I really liked Pearl's character, so of course I wanted her to get together with Moz. But it would be too "happy-ending-y" if they did. I think Scott likes to avoid predictable happy endings. I've noticed that with most of his books. ... I must say, though, I was never a big fan of Moz. I think that's because he always made me think of Rex (I think that was his name) from the Midnighters. Probably something to do with his creepy psycho girl-friend.

And that was a long post... hope someone reads it! razz  

Alice Scrambled

KuroKiyoko
Vice Captain

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 am
i did actually enjoy the last days =D i didn't think it was quite as good as peeps but it was still fun to see what happened after peeps and all. =) i dont think it would be such a great idea to write a third DX i dont really have a reason for it i just dont think it would be a good idea XD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:10 pm
hmmm i really like the last days and as for a sequel i don't think it's needed but i would protest if one was published  

worldofbooks96

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Locc Sray

Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm
in addition with Peeps, as a sequel...I didnt like it.
As it's own story, i thought it was ok. There's too much nerve racking parts and I guess i was impatient and screaming "you're a ******** peep not sick!!"  
Peeps

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games