Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
How did you know? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quirky Kawaii Skye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:42 pm
kgirl1992
How did you first realise you where gay/bi/whatever?

I knew at 4 I was a lesbian because I saw my mom kissing her boyfriend and I didn't want to kiss boys like that, I grew up seeing that and I didn't want to.. So, I just knew.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:35 pm
Well, i always felt a deep connection to other males. But i couldn't deny my desire to bed a woman. I denied it, and shunned it for years. I thought "If i ignore it, it will go away". About a year and 1/2 ago, i met some friends who were gay/bi/lesbian. I realized that there was nothing wrong with me, and embraced it. Shortly thereafter, i came out to my friends. then to my Mother (her being more accepting that my father). Then my school. When i felt i had enough support, i came out to my Dad.  

KillingOurAngel

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Farzine

Shameless Lover

9,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 pm
kgirl1992
How did you first realise you where gay/bi/whatever?

Even as a little kid I would tell my mommy I was a boy- as well as other family members even though I'm a girl. :3 But I didn't really start thinking about it until 7th grade, when i caught this girl staring at me. I started thinking about being with other girls and past experiences. I had flirted with girls without even realizing it. >//< But I dismissed the idea, thinking it was just a phase. My dad said the same about my friend who came out gay around that time. I didn't want to say I was lez until I knew for sure. This past year I've come to terms with myself and talked it over with a few friends- I'm bi-curious. I would consider myself to be full out gay, but I'm only 16 and I've never officially been with a girl. And all the guys I've been with... well I never felt anything. Like I could care less about my relationship with them. But I'm pretty sure I'm lez ; )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:52 pm
User Image

I knew I liked girls from an early age ( 5-ish ) but I had no idea what it meant. I also liked boys too though, but in hindsight now I realize that was because I was raised to like boys.

I realized I was bi-curious after having a conversation with my at the time boyfriend when I was 13.

... Then realized I was bisexual the moment I laid eyes on my first girlfriend when I was 14, which was when I came out of the closet.

I dated both men and women until I was 22, when I realized that relationships (intimate and emotional) with men just didn't feel right.

... so it took me almost 10 years to understand who I am in regards to my sexuality, but now I am with the love of my life and couldn't be happier. I've found my forever heart

User Image

thISkayla

Blessed Fairy

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

WhaleElbows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm
I knew in 7th grade, when I thought about the possibility about being a lesbian, I met a girl i had feelings for. And I reflected a LOT, and realized I never really liked guys, and girls made me much more confortable, and i could recall girl crushed that I didnt even realize were crushes when i was as young as 7 or 8.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 pm
Until I was 16, I never had considered it, but then I fell really hard for my best friend who was a female. Shortly after, I realized that I liked women way more than men.  

Cody Convicted

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ulterior_Motives

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:22 pm
My situation's a bit messy. I still remember a moment when I was about 12 or 13 at the pool with a friend, and 2 lifeguards passed by. My friend looked at me and said "Wow, he's hot" I didn't even notice him, and was too entranced with the female lifeguard's a**.

In highschool, however, I hung out with a very sexually adventurous group, and made out with a number of girls, but I was sorta just along for the ride. I still considered myself mostly straight, and only was fooling around with the girl because they were there and it was fun. At that time, it just seemed normal for friend to act like that and explore with each other.

The friends I had that were out of the closet completely were repeated criticized for their sexuality and lack of morality by my parents and teachers(My MtF trans friend especially, since she still likes girls). I tried bringing up the fact that I was questioning my sexuality with my mother, and I was then lectured for a good half hour on why homosexuality is wrong, immoral, and dirty. This shoved me very VERY far back in the closet.

In early college, I started identifying as bi since my parents were no longer in the picture, but got lumped in with barsexual because I only really admitted to my attraction to other girls when drunk. All of my female friends vocalized their distaste for yuri and openly admitted they didn't like girlxgirl. A few told me that I was only saying I was bi for the attention factor, and my admitions to "I've gone farther with girls than I have guys" was more of an attention bid and a 'look how edgy I am' brag. Even when my stories and admissions inspired multiple friends to come out of the closet, I was still questioning and in denial.

Here I am going into my senior year, finally coming to terms with my highschool stints and numerous drunken confessions. I've realized that yes, I find women much more attractive, and not just formally(I'm an artist). And that I'm more capable of emotionally forming a relationship with other women. I'm still not sure I'm completely comfortable with myself, but that's more of my parents opinions being imposed on me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:59 pm
I had just recently come to terms with being Bi, though turns out a few of my friends figured it out before I did as they were, "not surprised" and "kinda figured" sweatdrop . For me it started in like 7th grade or so, I was walkin in the halls and noticed I was looking more at the girls than the guys, I did find a few guys attractive but not as many as girls. At the time I denied it though, thinking it was probably a phase. Every now and then though, I'd have a dream about doing something with a girl. Freshman year I started hanging out with this one girl who turned out to be bi. I had a small crush on her, but she would always have a boyfriend and thought I was straight (I was still in denial at the time). The same year, I thought I was okay with being bi, yet still had reservations and went back into denial. Sophomore year, I figured if anything I was bi-curious, since I never was with a girl. This year I had fallen for one of my friends, which hurt like hell cause she was definitely straight. After finally getting over her, I went back to the "I can't be bi" thing. Few months ago, was when I looked back at my life and realized that I was bi and it was confirmed when I fell for a girl in my class, she is bi but had a boyfriend at the time. It seems every time I end up liking anyone they either are or end up dating someone :l but yeah that's meh story, sorry it's kinda bland xD  

Gefallener

5,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Miranda60

4,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:53 pm
People will know what their sexual orientation is, nature prepares us for what our preference will be.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff