Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Macbeth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

: )
  : (
View Results

massacre mandi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:37 pm
ok so we are reading Macbeth in sophmore honers english and we just watched part of the movie and it is terrible! like me and my friends could have put on a better version of the play. gahh. i thought id share that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:20 am
Do you like Macbeth? I loved it personally- but which movie version are you talking about? I remember watching one way back when i was in middle school.  

foxtrotblues

Nemsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 am
I don't read! AHHHH!! *runs away*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:00 am
"I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it."

I think I know the movie your talking about! I agree, it does not do the story justice at all...

"Today, however isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:33 am
I think we watched a movie for Macbeth, but I don't remember it. I loved the play though, and I'm the only one of my friends who did. Hamlet was even more fun to read though. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 pm
I like Macbeth personally performed live or through a script. 3nodding  

Vegacom2

NovelistaBug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 pm
yeah. That movie was just... lame. it was trying to be more of a classic theater, where the stage was a circle in the center of everyone. That was... ehh. But the actors had poor diction, had far too fast of a speaking rate, and were far too extreme in their movements. The cameras spent most of the time on the faces, which was about... triply annoying, because their faces were like pure sweat and it was distracting. The Second Witch was the only character I saw that I liked. And she was just plain creepy enough to scare me. Of course, that's probably what they were going for.

Thanks to all these elements, I got nauseous within ten minutes of watching it and instead read Cry, the Beloved Country. I despise that book at this point, so for me to switch to that... yeah. Bad movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 pm
Double, double,
Toil and trouble,
Fire burn and
Cauldron bubble.

Anybody realize that Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (or was it the Prisoner of Azkaban? confused ) movie stole the witches' chant and turned it into a song? "Something wicked this way comes!"

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:55 pm
I noticed it and was all "b***h, can't be original so you have to steal from Billy Shakes, eh? eh?" So not cool. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:35 pm
I had to sing that harry potter song for choir in high school ^.^; Was in our Halloween concert.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

JennSenn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:45 pm
Man, Shakespeare.... the fruit is sexual! Everything was innuendo! But it was still funny and stuff! Gotta love Shakespeare.... if you can understand it. And I don't care if I misspelled.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 am
I had to read that too..  

Knipith

Dreams of Nowhere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:26 pm
the book or play are better because they alwways change things bout books that are made into mivies to make them more intresting!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:59 am
DON'T SAY THE NAME!
It's the 'Scottish play'. cool  

Skaedi

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games