Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Bleh! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The poll contest is still going, you know
  Bit of an advertisment stuck in here...
View Results

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:00 am
You guys are so wonderful! I feel special now ^.^
@Daft - I know what you mean... He is about 19 months old! I mean really! She started feeding him fast food before he was a year old. I try and give him how I eat, steamed vegi's, baked chicken/fish, noodles... He refuses it all. I had to call her up after he refused to eat for almost two days straight and ask what the heck was wrong with him.
@Chosan - He actually should not be on a bottle. Most babies are started to be taken off of it at a year old. Before 15 months they should be completely off of it. She is just lazy. Its easier to lay a kid down with a bottle to get them to sleep. Even if it does kill the kids teeth, make them sleep badly at night.
@ JJ - A dog book o.O Heh, but in all honestly, I know how to deal with kids. I have worked with them for years. I go to collage to learn about them. It just... I have never had a kid 24/7 before. Its tiring. Its... exhausting. An in all honestly, 95% of people that hire a nanny around here are the ones that care about their kids, and rules about what to eat, what to play with them, when to lay them down... to much. Those people I can handle.
Not people who do... this to their kid!
@Yogi - He is smart, but not with words. He knows how to turn on my cell phone, turn on my computer, put on my headset, lock the doors... But he is not so good at understanding me. His mom didn't talk to him enough I think.
I have started weaning him, and don't give in to his tantrums, but its been.... a half a month or so since I have had him? And he still is doing it...
I am thinking about taking him to his pedi to ask for advice. He throws himself against the walls and slams his head when he is mad. Or hits his head... Its kinda scary.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:53 am
Wow, that's pretty serious. When I worked at a grocery store back home, this kid came in once with his arm all bandaged up. Apparently he was another little kid who threw tantrums (maybe only two or three years old), but he would hit the window, I think it was. Until eventually one day he broke it from pounding on it during a tantrum and had to get his arm all bandaged up like that. And the mom is just all "We told him it was going to happen and he just wouldn't listen, and now he's learned his lesson", and I'm thinking "are you kidding me?!" sweatdrop  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:57 am
Oh wow! That does not seem right to me.
I was taught in school, if a kid does that, to sit them in your lap, holding them facing away from you, till they calm down. Well... It was for autistic kids, but... same principal applies. It just looks lazy to me, if you just ignore your kid purposely hurting themselves... "Eh! Its to much of a hassle to work it out with them... they will get over it!" kind of thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:16 am
Wow Daft. That is pretty bad. not everyone has the patience help kids u.u.. I took care of an autistic kid, he would fight with his sisters.
. he did hit me, but, I know it wasn't intended. I actually had to let him cry it out, he would calm down, and he would start playing again. *sigh* broke me to tears just seeing him like that..

But Song, you really can't do much since it is not yours. It will take time for him to get used to a new environment. Just take it steps by steps. Which one will be easier to do right now?  

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 am
I cannot just ignore it... He has bruises up an down his palms, and forehead from hitting them against stuff.
I made an appointment a minute ago with his pedi. I will have to call my cousin again and talk to her again when I get the recommendation with the pedi.
I have not heard from her in well over a week... And I have him for at least 2 more months.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:53 am
A Song Is Born
Oh wow! That does not seem right to me.
I was taught in school, if a kid does that, to sit them in your lap, holding them facing away from you, till they calm down. Well... It was for autistic kids, but... same principal applies. It just looks lazy to me, if you just ignore your kid purposely hurting themselves... "Eh! Its to much of a hassle to work it out with them... they will get over it!" kind of thing.

Yeah, I tried to do that once with this monster two year old at the daycare I worked at. Kid actually repeatedly turned around and tried to spit in my face. Needless to say, he was kicked out of that daycare center. A two year old was kicked out of daycare. That's pretty sad, if you ask me. stare  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 am
That is really sad! Stuff like that... you gotta blame the parents. They are (for the most part) what they are molded to be. Parenting classes should me... more available.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am
Or more required. xp

Yeah, at that young an age it's really the parenting that makes them the way they are. I know it's called the terrible two's and all, but that's no excuse for a two year old spitting in your face when you try to punish him. confused  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 pm
Required would be nice.

Thats for sure. I deal with two year olds all the time! I have never seen a two year old act like that. Most dont even know about spitting on someone. It has to be something with the parents.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Which is funny because the parents would always say "Oh, well he doesn't act like that at home". I've always hated that kind of parent. Where their kids are little terrors but they see them as little angels who do no wrong, n omatter what anyone else tells them. stare  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 pm
Oh I know! They act like you pushed their kid to do such a thing. Or just do not believe you and treat you like a lier for saying something like that.
Just wanna smack them!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 pm
I know! I just want to say to them "You know, denying your kid does these things isn't going to make them stop doing them. You may as well just admit you raised him poorly and start doing it right". rolleyes  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:22 pm
Ya. I have much more respect for parents that say "Ya, I know he acts out badly. I am not quite sure how to deal with it." I mean really... No one is going to jump on them or call DHS on them >.>
If anything they would get some tips on how to handle it better. But no.. they have to act like they are perfect parents and their kid is perfect too... confused

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:32 pm
Yeah. Which I guess is understandable since no one wants to be a bad parent, but admitting that you don't know some things and learning how to handle them is what makes a good parent. No one is perfect. No one knows everything about raising a child. You have to learn. But everyone just seems to think that admitting to having some weak points in parenting will brand them a bad parent for life when it's really ignoring those weaknesses and not trying to strengthen them that makes someone a bad parent. And the worst part is that it's the children who end up suffereing from their parents' pride or ego or whatever makes them act like they know what they're doing, because they don't get raised properly and have a harder time when they're out on their own in life.  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games