Reply Advice Forum
SICK PUPPY!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm
does any one have some advice on how to make a puppy with parvovirus comfortable? we just took our 6 month old puppy to the vet and found out that she had Parvo. he gave her shots and medicine and told us that we should avoid feeding her till tomorrow. and to only give her ice cubes (she wont eat or drink anyway)

but does anyone who has had a dog go through this have any advice?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:29 pm
we had to admit our puppy into the puppy hospital early yesterday afternoon. she seems to be doing lots better. just being given an I.V. is helping her.

she lost a good 8 lbs since Wednesday and that's not good for a 6 month old.  

Lita Kuragari

lostphrack

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:58 pm
I'm afraid I have no advise, but I hope your puppy's ok. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Awww I'm sorry to hear your puppies so poorly, good that shes in hospital and seems to be doin lots better, i hope she's better soon! But yet again no advice! sorry *hugs*  

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:01 pm
me and Kage were just at the hospital for a visit. and she is doing LOTS better. shes so happy and hyper here is a link to a vid that kage made today with some vid of the puppy from today.

Parvo and You  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 pm
Please go to this site

http://www.workingdogs.com/parvofaq.htm.

This will help you  

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:39 pm
Or just go to GOOGLE and type in PARVO. That is easier  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:45 pm
It does not tell you this but when dogs touch each others noses, that is highly contagious. Dont' let the dogs touch noses . Lots of fluids in the nose area and when they sniff stuff and each others rectum.

I would only think that maybe some Pedialite for the fluids and give your puppy plenty of loving. I think that giving a tub bath might help because they will drink the water when they are in it. Anything to keep fluids down but I would definitely give my dog Pedialyte and or Gatorade. Hey why not. That might help.
If you try it let me know if it helps.  

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:30 am
I have not been on for a while not since I last posted. but I just wanted to let others know that we picked up our little Lita from the puppy hospital on tuesday night she is much better now (a little on the skinny side still), and we just have to thank the docs and vet techs that watched over her 24 hours till she was better. we caught the parvo early enough where they didn't really need to do a lot other then keep her on I.V. till she could fight off the Parvo on her own. she is a fighter and we love her very much and are very happy to see her so happy again.  
Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games