Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Yoga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tried yoga?
  Yes
  No
  I'd like to
  Gold
View Results

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:40 am
Have any of you ever tried yoga before? I have a yoga DVD that I use sometimes, and it's so relaxing and nice. I love how some of the stretches feel so good, especially the spinal twists. It gets rid of all the tension in my shoulders from being on the computer. Plus the deep breathing just makes me feel so peaceful and calm. I love yoga, and it's even fun! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:37 pm
Join in on the 20k's Poll Making Contest!

The most yoga I've ever done are the cat stretch and cobra poses which I do regularly. They help relieve all the pain in my lower spine where I have scoliosis. I would definitely love to try yoga in the near future though. That and pilates. I sure have a bit of tummy to lose. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:43 pm
The cobra pose killed my back. I don't have the strength for it yet, I guess. But I like doing all the poses that are supposed to open your hips and make you more flexible in that region. Plus just all the deep-breathing relaxing stuff is nice, especially when you've had a bad day. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:58 pm
I like yoga. It is relaxing and makes me feel better, but I haven't done it in a while.  

Esme Eames

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:07 pm
daft alchemist
The cobra pose killed my back. I don't have the strength for it yet, I guess. But I like doing all the poses that are supposed to open your hips and make you more flexible in that region. Plus just all the deep-breathing relaxing stuff is nice, especially when you've had a bad day. 3nodding

Join in on the 20k's Poll Making Contest!

Well, as I said, I haven't done much of yoga yet, but I like that there are exercises that focus on breathing and relaxation. The cobra isn't that bad. I am usually such a weakling, so I dunno how I ever managed to be doing that move in the first place! Hahahahahahaha! It's veeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy nice and sometimes when I do that move, I can feel like every single vertebra in my back stretch. *sighs* I have to be in the best of health and at my full strength to accomplish that move though. Like, during my monthly when my back is killing me, I can't even touch my toes! It's like if my back's stuck and can't extend anywhere. sad i don't get cramps like the average girl, but the pain in my lower back is insane!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:18 pm
I know what you mean about that kind of stretching feeling. My favorite one is a spinal twist I do while laying down. It's sooooo nice and I can feel it even stretching my shoulders out too, which is where I really need the stretch the most. The moment I start to do the twist, everything stretches and it just feels so gooooood. I love it. 4laugh  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:19 pm
I took yoga in high school just because I got the first three days of my periods, free to do what I wanted... sweatdrop
But it was really nice. I felt much better after doing it everyday ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:20 pm
Yeah, I really enjoy it. It just makes me feel so much better because of the stretching, but then it also puts me in a good mood as well. 3nodding  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

TrueBlood225

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 am
Yoga is really fun, and it does make you feel relaxed and refreshed. ^^
If you've never tried it you should!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 pm
Yoga looks interesting. But I'd rather learn to do Ai-kido.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Dreams of Nowhere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:57 pm
it does sound fun i think i will try that!! to help me relax a bit!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 am
i love yoga. been doing it since freshman year , and i will always be doing yoga.its the only way i can relieve all the stress the day.everyone should at least try it once!!!  

light mother 5

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 pm
I agree. Trying it once was all it took to get me hooked. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:35 am
For a second there I thought you were talking about me. -_-;;; XD

Anyways I don't do any real yoga classes. I have done some yoga on Wii Fit, but that's it. XD  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

the banana peeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:16 am
>.< Yoga and Yogurt ? hahaha.

I only tried the one common stretching one.. don't know what it's called. But, I really would like to try it more stuff.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games