Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Erratak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:26 pm
User Image

Alice Punk
3D Gallery
My first serious render in Poser 7 (I've used Daz Studio and Poser 5 before). This is really something of a preview of things to come.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:10 am
poser still mightily confuses me :S
i see the point of it if you use it for references or if you play around with the image alot afterwards, layering etc. but otherwise its just using other peoples models, rigs, texture maps etc and taking a picture of it.
is there anything else to it?  

Sanos Touchstone

KabOOm_RacOOn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:37 pm
Sanos Touchstone
but otherwise its just using other peoples models, rigs, texture maps etc and taking a picture of it.

I don´t get why people b***h about Poser not being art. I mean it´s just like photography. You don´t complain that a photographer don´t build the model, the camera and the lights, do ya?
Yet using poser is a lot more challenging than taking a photo.

Good pic, Erratak. If you want to you could check out mine at digitalvanilla.deviantart.com

heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 pm
KabOOm_RacOOn
Sanos Touchstone
but otherwise its just using other peoples models, rigs, texture maps etc and taking a picture of it.

I don´t get why people b***h about Poser not being art. I mean it´s just like photography. You don´t complain that a photographer don´t build the model, the camera and the lights, do ya?
Yet using poser is a lot more challenging than taking a photo.

Good pic, Erratak. If you want to you could check out mine at digitalvanilla.deviantart.com

heart

Thank you, on both accounts. wink  

Erratak

Erratak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 pm
Sanos Touchstone
poser still mightily confuses me :S
i see the point of it if you use it for references or if you play around with the image alot afterwards, layering etc. but otherwise its just using other peoples models, rigs, texture maps etc and taking a picture of it.

Have you ever gotten to use poser before?

It's true, someone could spend a lot of time downloading tons of content and never make anything original. But the time anf effore (belive me, LOTS of it) spent on custom morphing a figure, setting up scenes, that sort of thing take work. You can *usually* tell the diffrence between custom and a throw-together.

Besides, who's to say someone can't make their own content? The contnet in this image was mostly procided by Aery Soul, but I've rendered many a picture where it's all my own textures and morphs. And shaders- or god shaders! I spend way to much time on these. XD

It's hard to explain unless you try it, it's not as easy and straiforward as it seems. There's a program called DazStudio, that's a free 3D rendering program, it's a good way to play around.  
ART

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games