Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
teevee

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Kara horny?
  Yes, and I'm waiting to see if she'll jump Paula or Simon first
  No, she's just excited and has a lot of energy, and has probably been drinking Paula's 'water'
  I don't watch Idol (and possibly think you watch way to much TV)
View Results

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:48 am
Anyone else watching Fringe? or Lie to Me*? (or even 24 or Idol? and if you are watching Idol, have you noticed the perpetual horniness of Kara? or am I just imagining it?) I've been looking for people to chat with about any or all of them, because none of my irl friends watch them (or really any tv at all, now that I think of it...)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm
I'm no help here...I barely watch any TV that isn't sports related.  

Soujii-sama

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:20 pm
My TV is pretty much limited to anime, MythBusters, Gilmore Girls, and Scrubs... Sorry. v_v I have never watched more than a minute of Idol because I'm deathly afraid of liking it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:54 pm
xd Aww, lol. Mythbusters is pretty epic win, though. Discovery has great shows. I love Survivor Man and Dirty Jobs.

I don't think you have to worry about liking Idol. It's kinda a love/hate relationship.  

ArikaiHart

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:59 pm
I'm also a fan of Mythbusters & Survivor Man (I don't really like the guy in Man vs Wild), though I have no idea when they actually come on...If I come across them, then I always stop to watch.

The only thing I actually schedule myself to watch is 30 rock & The Office on Thursdays. Other than that, it's pretty much ESPN or syndicated episodes of Law & Order.

No reality TV shows or contests for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:21 am
Bear just isn't as cool as Survivor Man.

Law and Order? Do you watch SVU?

Other than Idol, I don't really watch reality TV. I'm not even convinced Idol is reality. All the contestants seem like plants.  

ArikaiHart

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:43 pm
"Reality" TV is 100% scripted, IMO. Every action is decided by the producers. People are told what to do & say to make things more interesting. I'm sure that "Reality" contests have the winners (or at least the finalists) chosen ahead of time as well.

As for Law & Order, I watch SVU, Criminal Intent, & the original...whatever is on TV. My favorite pair of detectives was the Chris Noth/Annabella Sciorra pair. My favorite Prosecutor was definitely Michael Moriarty, though he's mostly in the older episodes (where Richard Brooks has the Gumby haircut).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 pm
The only one I like is Superstars of Dance. I love all those international dances, and it doesn't really feel like a reality show, somehow. ^_^

I can't stand shows like Law and Order, though... It's just so depressing. I like to see how they solve crimes and whatnot, but it's not worth it for all the rape, and murder, and you're not even guaranteed a happy ending.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas