RIP Reno, my lovely betta fish

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laili

Friendly Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:45 pm
Woke up this morning, got dressed and was about to brush my teeth. Reno's bowl sat next to the sink in my dorm room.

Reno was gone. He died during the night. emo

I know that he wasn't sick, and was perfectly fine. i had him for a little over two years since Christmas '06.

I just took care of his body and I have hit bowl in unbearable hot water (to kill the germs and bacteria from starting to decompose)

I will say my dear Reno, I loved you and I had a lot of fun owning you. You shall be missed.

Just though I'd let it out here. I will tank you all in advance for your sympathy posts. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:40 pm
Geez, I know how you feel. I just lost my oldest female the Sunday before last. She turned two around October, and I'd have had her two years on the 28th of January. She faced my bed and was the first fish in my room, so she always waited for me to get up, kept tabs on everything in the room, gave visitors the stare-down to see if she liked them, ate first, served as Pippi's next-door sister... I always knew her passing would hit me hard, and it really did. I'm sure you feel much the same way. At least be happy that he had an owner who obviously cared for and loved him...that's the most you can do.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:42 pm
im very sorry  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:20 am
I know how you feel. I just lost my goldfish of seven months to ick. Poor thing couldn't swim because he was so sick and the treatment didn't do anything. Poor guy.....  

soft shock

InfiniteSunset

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:58 pm
Noooooooo, Reno! crying  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:17 pm
I'm sorry. sad I remeber when I lost my koi to swimming bladder, it was really sad. We had a little funeral for her and everything.  

Caitlin906854

iggies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 pm
I'm so sorry. my Phagan (male betta) lived only 2 years and I cried so hard when he died. Maybe all our loved fish have a pond/lake or whatever they liked best now to swim in and swap stories.

I have Gustov (I got him right after the hurricain and his personality matches) now, and he;s in a new tank even with 2 frogs and 2 slacking oslto? (small algae eaters).  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:35 pm
You are among friends that understand. I even cried when my Betta Michael Phish Phelps' pet snail China died! (this was just this week)

Of course, I was also crying because I was terrified something that killed her might affect him and cleaned his bowl in a panic, bt still. Fish can touch our hearts too.

I am moving this to Rainbow Bridge, but don't let that stop you from posting condolences, memories, etc. cry

I am sorry, Laili.

p.s. My other mail Betta is named Circ De Soleil but I call him Vegas. eek  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Therese Psyche Reeve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:14 am
I feel bad for you and I used to have 24 fish in my pond and they died crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 am
I once kept two betta's for about two years but that was like... 8 years ago so I thought I'd try again I even bought a new bigger nicer tank, fresh decorations did some research on proper care since my mom helped me with the other two, I got him last friday and he died tonight, I only had him 6 days but I was starting to get used to having him around. I should have noticed sooner he wasn't feeling well, when I brought him home he wouldn't eat anything and 4 days in I realized he had ich and possibly fin rot. I wasn't fast enough with treating him to save him.  

AcaciaDamia

Rainbow Bridge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff