RiriAngelmirror

Distinct Seeker

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm
My opinion on Pro-Life
1) The first point of Pro-Life is to state that “abortion is akin to murder as it is the act of taking human life.” I personally agree with this, but the only problem is that this would start a war with “what is considered to be ‘human’ at what point of pregnancy”.
2) I definitely agree with point two, but that just takes us to the same question: the fetus is human, but where are the processes and at what time it is considered to be ‘human’? Pro-Life says at the start of conception. Well they are half-right… that’s a blob of ectoblastic cell division, nothing remotely like a human until about the 12th to 13th week. Awareness doesn’t even start until around the 28th week.
3) Point three doesn’t even attend to the question, adoption isn’t a viable alternative to abortion and it definitely does NOT accomplish the same result. Going through the dangerous time of labour and being informed it would be more risky would be “unhealthy” and “unfair” for the biological mother. Are you saying we should risk the life of the mother just to give birth? That unconstitutional AND unlawful while disrespecting the mother’s life. Isn’t that just completely opposite to the Pro-Life’s “preserving life” aspect?
4) If you don’t have abortion at risk, then you’ll be risking the mother’s life. I agree on not risking these complications to those “promiscuous” girls that don’t have a care in the world but to have fun. But let’s take a regular school girl in comparison and she gets forcibly raped and left on the street and coincidently she’s fertile at that time. I’ll start slapping that Pro-Life’s face with a spatula if they start arguing with that event that just happened.
5) Abortion doesn’t punish the unborn child that has no crime. It removes the extra “life” from the picture so that it doesn’t affect the dominate life (host). Even proper medical care may not be able to take precautions against rape and incest (…if incest was consensual… I’m just going to say I’m not arguing with the Pro-Life about that, those two brought it on themselves). Rape puts a huge traumatic shock to the female (or in rare instances, male) which may lead to the hiding of the incident. Mental instability is the issue here, not the person’s judgment (PTS will affect one’s judgment).
6) Abortion should NEVER be used as another form of contraceptive; it’s not EVEN a form of contraceptive. That, I will unshakably agree on.
7) Only hypocrites would even think about females being able to completely control their body. It is the same with men, some natural phenomena cannot be controlled by the person, but of course, I do agree on the responsible use of contraceptives and abstinence.
cool I don’t see a nation-wide statistic, so that information is unacceptable. But tax dollars are paying less than 1% for abortion. Now stop thinking as if governments are wasting that money on that (seriously, they waste tax money of other things when abortion is somewhat of a medical incident).
9) ESPECIALLY if the abortion-takers are minors that should be enough to allow them to do it. If you are to argue about insufficient life experience, I suggest you to go enlist in the military and go on peace-keeping missions are something. I can give many points using psychological enactments but then it would just waste my time saying everything that why it’s BETTER to have an abortion if you have insufficient life experience. Too many variables contradict that statement, which is why I dislike Pro-Life more than Pro-Choice.
10) Abortions cause psychological stress, but there is no scientific evidence nor psychological studies that show of post-abortion syndrome. What I want, no… what everyone who are open-minded (in informative ways, so it doesn’t offend other people) would like to see is evidence, not just a string of “begging the questions” statements.

My opinion of Pro-Choice
1) This is providing information through studies that includes values and morals, not just blatant statements with only moral and values in effect like the Pro-Life argument. Why I agree is that the statement was provided with studies, meaning it has evidence to back the reasons up. And in this world of belief and values, one must not just look at their own values or societal values, but the intricate network of science, morality and law.
2) Personhood and human life is completely two separate things. But seriously, this statement has no merit because “human life” is so ambiguous in nowadays society.
3) I would like to agree on that fact of “when a women gives birth, a theoretical psychological link forms in the mother’s mind to her child”, which is why the studies show that only less than 6% women choose to give up their child. (This doesn’t even include people outside of the “Caucasian and African-american” (white skin/black skin) – I’m not trying to be racists here… - such as Asiatic “Yellow-skin” and others).
4) I can’t say anything about this statistic, it’s been studied with and was tested upon, so I can’t find any reason to not believe it.
5) Agreed… about 100%
6) I can’t say why people seem to think abortions are used as alternatives to contraception when they two are completely different from each other…
7) What is the “right” to control her body anyways? In school, I get manhandled around just because I look like a doll (due to my small size). That isn’t the point. The point is that your body is your own (not like playing around and teasing from my experience with classmates), even when pregnant, your body is your own, that child is your own as well, an it’s not independent until it can be given birth to.
cool Taxpayers… Medical services… other random crap. It’s not just abortion that is funded, but the entire medical services plan (in most countries) so that both the rich and poor can have access to such services. Well, I agree with this point because it is simple, informative, and easily understood.
9) Shown in sex-ed in school, shown in health science, and many other social science courses. If that doesn’t help, you shouldn’t even be considering arguing against or for abortion.
10) This was proven by studies, although I can’t list them as I’m not well versed in such information. It was a rather large part of health and medical studies in the 2008 though…

And this is probably why I see Pro-Choice is more suitable for my own mind. It uses evidence and research to point out the way. (Pro-Life does it too, but then it misinterprets a few points along the way).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:23 pm
I'm pro-choice.

I may be a woman myself, but why the hell should I have a say on a woman's situation or wishes; I'm not in their shoes. If you want to keep the little'un, go ahead, and I hope they grow up to be a good person whom appreciates your decision. If you want to give them up for adoption, go ahead, and I hope you find a wonderful adoptive parent. If you want to abort, go ahead, and I hope that the procedure goes well and you get proper counselling if need be so you can get on with your life.  

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 pm
MadamoiselleMorganne
Abortion is taking away a human life. It is allowing the parent to take away the life of their child. Although if children's rights aren't going to get you to see the harm, maybe the effects on women will.

Women have a lower chance of concieving a child if they have had an abortion previously. Severe depression can kick in any time from immediately or distantly following the abortion. This depression leads to the women harming themselves because they are so hurt for what they have done to themselves, and to their child.
We should want better for our women than that.

I would site sources, but pro-choicers tend to neglect any information if it comes from a pro-life website, like any pro-choice site is going to publish about the potential harm abortion has on women.

Even as someone who is pro-choice, I wouldn't take a site called, say, "pro-choice for life" seriously because they have already come up with a conclusion and will try and support their cause using scientific "evidence" (usually supported by special interest groups) and appeals to emotion.

I expect the same from people who are pro-life; a site called something like "Abortion Facts" isn't going to sway me if all it does is try to scare or guilt women out of getting abortions and provide several links to Crisis Pregnancy Centers.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:22 am
heavans_angel_13
What is ur opinion on Abortion???
I honestly am against abortion....
I think you should have to deal with what you did
Abortion should only be okay if you are Rapped or see problems with ur fetus!
Because each abortion is taking another life away....

So if you go to jail for murder shouldn't you go to jail for abortion to???
Voice ur Opinion!!!
I will listen!!!! =]
Ah, the "If you act stupid and get pregnant, you should be forced to deal with the consequences! Abortion should be for rape victims and such!" logic. This is a line of logic I see a lot in the abortion debate, and I loathe it. It has two big holes in it. First, the logic of the pro-life movement is that a fetus is a living creature, and it is therefore immoral to kill it. So, it's murder if it was "properly" conceived, but it loses the right to life by being a rapist's child? That doesn't make a damn bit of sense, morally or logically.

The second hole is that you are saying they should have to deal with the consequences of their irresponsible behavior. Personally, I see choosing not to birth a child you have either no ability or no desire to support, or both, as completely responsible. Also, if someone is completely irresponsible and habitually getting pregnant due to dumb choices, are they really someone likely to make a good parent if forced to have the children when they'd rather terminate? I think not, and I see letting highly irresponsible people keep getting abortion after abortion if they so desire to be, unfortunately, the most logical choice.  

Roxxy v2

Strange Lizard

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:48 am
Cuore Rotto
User Image

I think women are better off aborting than having a child that they cannot support or do not want. In today's economy, having children is not financially or morally responsible for a lot of people and it would really hurt us if abortion was outlawed and our baby rate skyrockets.
I don't feel that women should be allowed to get multiple abortions, but I feel that mistakes happen and women should not be penalized for this.
Also, having legal abortion is far safer than the illegal alternatives if it is outlawed.
Questing Again!

I agree.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:05 pm
My opinion is indifferent. I feel that you have to deal with what you did. Why would you go and have sex if you didn't want the baby? I can understand if you were raped and wanted to go through abortion. It basically is like taking another life away which is one of the reasons to be against abortion. I can see why you also wouldn't want your child to grow up knowing that they're a mistake. I believe that any parent who would tell their child that they were a mistake, then that's terrible. I could also see abortion being good if there's a problem with the fetus. Again, my opinion is indifferent. It really depends on the situation or reason why you would want to go through an abortion.  

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

stacilo

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:22 pm
I believe that if you choose to have sex you are saying that you are ready for the possibility of a child. If you don't believe you are ready to have a child or that you aren't with someone who you would be okay having a child with then you shouldn't have sex. I do think that in the case of rape it should be the girls choice but abortion isn't a birth control. Abstinence is the only 100% birth control and everyone knows that. Pregnancy is one outcome of having sex and if it happens I think you should deal with it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 pm
While I would probably never get an abortion for myself unless medically I needed it or I was raped, I support it so long as it occurs before 20 weeks or if it occurs after, it is a medical necessity.

Firstly, no woman should have to go through a pregnancy if medically she cannot do it and if during her pregnancy, it comes to the point where she needs an abortion medically, it's inhumane to make her continue that pregnancy because she shouldn't lose her life. Likewise, if she finds in her pregnancy that her child will be born with a medical defect that will cause it to be stillborn or likely not live far beyond birth, there's no sense in making her go through that period of time where she is bonding with this child just to lose it once it came to this world.

For those in poverty, I see it as ok too. Even if you put your child up for adoption, pregnancy can be expensive. If you cannot afford it, you cannot afford it. Just imagine the struggle of pregnancy if you were homeless/ couch hopping. Or even worse, a teenage girl that was then homeless and couch hopping? How can you expect to be able to take care of yourself and that baby for 9 months so that it can be put up for adoption? And especially then, image the bond between you and that child. That child is all you have... your everything.. and you have to get it up?

Rape too. Rape is hard enough to get over in 9 months. But 9 months with a constant reminder? A child to take care of that literally is the representation of the time when you were violated the most? Some women are strong enough to keep that child and to those women, you are one tough cookie. But there are many women who can't.

I wish I could say it wasn't necessary, but for some women, abortion is what has to happen. I have great respect for those women who can put a child up for adoption. Putting a child up is a very hard thing to do and many women are affected by it. Just imagine, 9 months with someone attached to you and for almost half of those, that other person is kicking and moving and it literally inside you and a part of you.For many women, that is a deep, deep bond and to have to give that up and to watch someone else take care of that child that was literally a PART of you, can be very tough. So for some women, abortion is the way to go.

88.8 percent of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks[1]. At this stage, the child (at this stage, it's only technically just a fetus but I just say child) has no actual brain function [2], therefore doesn't feel pain or emotion and even though it had a heartbeat, isn't really actually living. The child wouldn't be able to survive outside of the mother and therefore I believe that both her bodily autonomy and her thought, emotions, and beliefs should come before the fetus. At 20 weeks the child begins to form more serious brain function and becomes viable at 22 weeks and at that point if the child would be able to survive outside of the mother, it is its own person and has a bodily autonomy of its own that should be respected unless of course it must be aborted medically.

I guess I'd say i'm prochoice because every woman and situation is different. I think those women who were just simply being careless and have the resources available to them should step up and do what they have to but I am in no place to judge them and it is their choice.

InterstateDaisy

Dapper Noob

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:00 am
Against it.
Except for medical/health reasons.
Regarding rape victims - giving the child for adoption is a better option.
Incest (really?) - you have to suffer the consequences of your actions.

Allowing abortion means allowing promiscuity in teenagers and in everyone.

I fear that "it's ok, ill just get an abortion" might be a mainstream/trend among the youth in the future. It's scary.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:38 am
I think that a lot of people misunderstand what pro-choice means. Pro-choice does not mean that we want abortions to become the next mainstream birth control, because that is frankly dangerous and irresponsible. There are dozens of cheaper, safer, and more effective birth controls for people to use. However, what right to old men have to police women's bodies? At least in America, that is the primary problem with the topic of abortion. If the government outlaws abortion, we have allowed the majority of Congress--most are men--to police our bodies.

The idea that pro-choice is going to create a mass influx in abortions is false. Abortion is not a form of birth control, it is a chance to fix a mistake. Many women who have an abortion never have one again because they become more careful with their birth control. As for rape victims, is it really fair to ask them to carry to term--a whole nine months of altering their entire lifestyle--a baby that they did not want, did not ask for, and is a daily reminder of the very traumatic experience of being raped?

A lot of people say that people who get pregnant when having sex should face the consequences of their actions. They are. They're facing the consequences of their sexual activities, whether it be due to unprotected sex or a malfunction in birth control. Abortion is a consequence. It is an emotional upheaval for those who go through it, and even considering abortion takes immense emotional strength. There are places where birth control clinics that offer abortions--though that may not be their only or most popular service--are lined by pro-lifers protesting abortion. Women who may not be looking for an abortion but for birth control or information to prepare themselves better for safe sex can be harassed, turned away, and humiliated by these pro-life protesters. Granted, not all pro-lifers are this way. Some are perfectly reasonably, and organize peaceful and respectful protests. That is not the norm, though.

Abortion is by no means the "easy way out." It is a choice that only women should have control over, and that is why I support pro-choice. I don't want Congress telling me what I can and can't do.

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:46 pm
I'm for it, in a nutshell. Why shouldn't a woman be able to abort her fetus? And I believe no matter the situation, every woman has the chance to do it. ONCE. If someone goes in for a second abortion, or further, its not okay. Learn from the first mistake. unless, like so many stated, it was rape, a special situation where the child is better off not born, or health issues.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:51 pm
βeʃ ʃ ɑ Ϛɑӌs...

Abortions have been operational in society for some time now, into the Civil War and far beyond that, for one simple reason: Women weren't ready for a child.

Can you blame anyone for that?
Having a child--a baby--is a sacred, time consuming, miraculous, yet taxing burden to commit to!
All these teenagers that toy around with having sex at an early age don't realize the consquences of their actions--hell, grown women who sleep around don't consider why sex was created in the first place.
Which is why we have abortion: to save children.

I know what you're thinking: "You're killing a new life! No! Why?! You aren't giving it a chance!"
No, you are giving it a chance.

Imagine a 16 year old, in the best sceanario: 3.5 GPA, Swimmer, works at Publix, babysits on the weekends, totes around a gang of followers, and worships a boyfriend.
Well, one night her and said boyfriend decide to "play that funky music", condom and all.
That condom wasn't effective.
Fast Forward: Dining room table, teary eyes, weary parents, paling boyfriend, and a positive pregnancy test.

This girl--this child, in her own right--is pregnant. Pregnant with another human being, a baby, a child.... And expect that newborn to rely on anoother child?
Truthfully, that girl isn't ready for a baby. She's not responsible yet. Sure, she participated in an "adult" activity but our scholar, our child knows books, and that's about all she knows.
How is this brewing baby supposed to live to the fullest? To have it's best chance?
It doesn't.
The ending scenario will most likely be the parents will raise the child and spend the rest of their dwindling lives dreading not advising their daughter enough, dreading having to raise another baby: Where could they have gone wrong?
In the meantime, our baby will grow, alongside her child mother and together they'll stumble through the dark.
And that is hardly fair.

Nor, is it fair for a child to be born into a low income household with 6 other brothers and sisters that a mother can't care for but refuses to consider abortion because it's not in her beliefs. The 6 children go unfed, unfathered, and unprovided for.
This will spark a chain of resentment and a countless amount of wasted tax dollars.

By getting an abortion, that child won't have to suffer or worry and that girl will get to live her life and make her mistakes and learn from them, without punishing a human being; an innocent human being who never had a choice.

We learn from our mistakes but that mistake should be punishing our children and trapping them in a world of regret because the mother never got to live, was never responsible enough.

𝓓𝓡𝓔𝓐 𝓜

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash