Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Junior x DBSK x SHINee Guild

Back to Guilds

Come to share your love for Super Junior, DBSK (Tohoshinki) and SHINee here! 

Tags: Super Junior, DBSK, TVXQ, SHINee, Tohoshinki 

Reply Super Junior
[Nov-20-08] 2008 Ugly Duckling Awards

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i Y o s h i k o
Crew

3,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:28 am
This has made me really mad. We should know that not everyone meets our expectations, but everyone is pretty in their own way.

Quote:
I think you all know what I mean. Every group inevitably has a member that isn't as attractive as the rest, and while we don't want to be shallow, it's true that idols should at least be somewhat above average looking, because if we want to look at butt ugly people, there's no need to look at a tv or computer screen: there are plenty of them around us. Or, some of us could just look into a mirror.

It would be somewhat excusable if that ugly duckling happens to be way more talented than the rest and could thus bring up the overall musical appeal of the group, but sometimes that isn't even the case. You just can't help but wonder, was a blind person picking out the members of that new group?

The award is called ugly duckling for a reason: with today's cosmetic surgery technologies, we can hope that some day these lucky selected few would do themselves and the rest of the world a favor by evolving into a beautiful swan.

So here we go, the AKP Ugly Duckling Award 2008 goes to the following ladies and gentlemen, in no particular order, as they are quite equal in their visages that words cannot describe:

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/2008_ugly_duckling_awards_you_all_make_me_want_to_barf/  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:05 pm
They shouldn't bash people like that... sad
They even added Shindong on the list... crying

s u n n y _ l o t u s

`Ayame
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Grrrrr. I really want to slap that person who wrote that article in the face really hard. D<

Just because Shindong's not like other celebrities doesn't mean he's an ugly duckling! D:<
It's just cause he's chubby they made him the ugly duckling. >:L

Being offtopic to SuJu, I very much disagree to Sunny of SNSD being an Ugly duckling. I think it's just those pictures that person chose that she wasn't her best in. Actually to me, I think Hyoyeon is the ugly duckling.
( Sorry Hyoyeon fans! DD: )
I disagree with Wonder Girls' YeEun. I think she is very pretty.
Exactly I think SoHee is the ugly duckling. Her face just...annoys me and looks snobbish to me.
( Sorry dear SoHee fans. >x< )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:43 pm
whoa! I thought that popseoul is the only site that writes ill things about suju but there is allkpop as well!
they make me angry. they have the guts to say that because they are writing in on the net. If they try to say their thoughts in public they would die for sure!

those sites are full of cowards! I wonder if they're even better than suju? the only site that I liked is shenyuenpop....  

Alyssa_DESU

Super Junior

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff