Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
They Fight Crime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lazuli Bunting

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:11 am
So as I was surfing the vast jungle that is the internet (and don't ask me how one surfs a jungle, I really don't know), I came across one of the most amazing site, um, EVER.

http://www.theyfightcrime.org

Check it out.

Needless to say, if you have seen it, you will understand why i can waste endless time pressing the "Try Again" button.

For those of you who haven't seen it, it's basically a random character generator (or should I say random crime fighter generator?). It's short and sweet and to the point. And kind of amazing. Some examples:

He's a time-tossed misogynist vagrant plagued by the memory of his family's brutal murder. She's a sarcastic blonde snake charmer who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

He's a lounge-singing crooked assassin possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a warm-hearted foul-mouthed Hell's Angel fleeing from a Satanic cult. They fight crime!

He's a jaded dishevelled ex-con moving from town to town, helping folk in trouble. She's a strong-willed insomniac socialite with a flame-thrower. They fight crime!

He's a Nobel prize-winning native American dwarf with acid for blood. She's a transdimensional tempestuous research scientist from beyond the grave They fight crime!

He's an immortal devious sorceror who knows the secret of the alien invasion. She's a mistrustful thirtysomething pearl diver in the witness protection scheme. They fight crime!

So I'm sure it is quite easy for you to see exactly why I "wasted" so much time here.

And why I label this topic as "nerdy".

Anyway, I just thought this was amazing. Also, if someone comes across one they really like (or really likes one of the ones I posted), please please PLEASE let me know if you want to RP, because I've been dying to RP one of these.

Because, come on. How amazing would an RP about a genetically engineered moralistic journalist haunted by an iconic dead American confidante teaming up with a pregnant blonde widow with someone else's memories be? Add in the fact that they fight crime and you've set yourself up for a pretty amazing story.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:03 pm
Haha these are wonderful.

I experimented with it a bit myself, and I think that the majority of these would make amazing role-plays >.<  

GhostlyMystic

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games