Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Metal Gear Solid Movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaptainBaconMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm
I didn't see a thread so I decided to post this. Even though it's kind of old news, I'll post the wikipedia excerpt about it

In May 2006, Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima announced that a film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid was in development. The film was purported to be in English, said to be released some time in 2009. [15] Kojima also announced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo later that month that he had negotiated a contract with a party in Hollywood to adapt the video game into a film.[16] Kojima also considered Alaska as the site of the film production, due to the game's setting in the state.[17]

David Hayter, the English voice actor for Solid Snake, had submitted his take for the movie but executives have passed on his script.[18] He has previously written the screenplay to X-Men and co-written X2 and The Scorpion King. There has since been a petition web site started in the hopes of getting David Hayter involved with the project.

Producer Michael DeLuca has expressed interest in having Equilibrium director Kurt Wimmer write the script for the movie. Later on Kurt Wimmer was opted to direct the movie adaptation.[19] However, Wimmer will not take part in the directing for the film. He was only approached to pitch a take on adapting the Metal Gear Solid franchise.[20] Konami's Aki Saito had commented that There Will Be Blood director Paul Thomas Anderson was interested,[21] but DeLuca dismissed the claim. According to an interview in Nuts Magazine actor Christian Bale is interested in playing Solid Snake in the film. [22]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:21 pm
Thanks for sharing this. I've been wanting to get some more information on the movie for my boyfriend who's a huge Metal Gear Solid fan.  

Rei Uchikino

oldtillyshifted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:17 pm
I think Kurt Russel would make a good Solid Snake.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:18 pm
no one but david would be good for it  

deadlance47

czar of dreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:39 am
i'd watch it no matter who was in it...as long as they don't try to put keanau reeves or however the hell you spell his name as solid snake...*still peeved about the cowboy bebop movie*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:14 pm
I hope they dont mess it up. They would be better off with new talent. Big names = poo  

Rorschach Lives

CaptainBaconMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:03 pm
I'm still pissed that they just kind of pushed David out of the project. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:39 pm
I didnt knew there was a metal gear movie in development thanks for the info im a huge fan of mgs  

word filter

CaptainBaconMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:23 pm
I hope they film it in Alaska, that would be awesome. (Or are filming it there currently)  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games