Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Asian Movies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 am
Hamster-Chan27
Lolicat von Doom
Inuri
Hamster-Chan27
Okay, I love Asian movies. I have a small collection of my own, but I would love to expand that.

I have...
A Tale of Two Sisters
Suicide club
Whispering Corridors
Underworld
Korkuri (sp?)
Bad Blood

I have seen a bunch more though, lol.
Any suggestions?

Hey if you love Asian dramas and movies you can go to Asianrice.tv you'll be drooling at how much Asian shows there are. ^^

That and crunchyroll are pretty good for streaming, I watched a few films on cr a while back.

I tried crunchy roll and it made my comp REALLY slow

Yea, it can be like that. Try playing the things in low quality if that's the case, although sometimes that will mean that you're unable to read the subtitles.

@babymew4589: Memoirs... isn't an Asian film.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:14 pm
With the topic of this in mind, it'd be great if one of you guys could stop over at my topic and help me out here. Thanks.

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15010819

The Queen of Sighs

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:26 pm
Lolicat von Doom
I got masssively into East-Asian cinema for a while. These films are essential; Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Battle Royale, the Vengeance Trilogy, 2046 and Dumplings. I mean, there are other good ones, but those are the cream of the crop, at least in my opinion.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man was awesome!!! If you get a chance see Zebraman its not the greastest flick but I thought it was worth watching.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:56 pm
Saint Kimo
Lolicat von Doom
I got masssively into East-Asian cinema for a while. These films are essential; Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Battle Royale, the Vengeance Trilogy, 2046 and Dumplings. I mean, there are other good ones, but those are the cream of the crop, at least in my opinion.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man was awesome!!! If you get a chance see Zebraman its not the greastest flick but I thought it was worth watching.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm told that Rubber's Lover is wonderful if you liked Tetsuo, but it's hard to get a hold of.  

loIitoads

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:21 am
Is anybody averse to bittorrent? I download the Asian movies I'd like to see. I use Avistaz to get my Asian fix, and there's a torrent for Rubber's Lover there, but currently no one seeding. But if you ask, someone will probably reseed.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 am
Quixotic Faye
Is anybody averse to bittorrent? I download the Asian movies I'd like to see. I use Avistaz to get my Asian fix, and there's a torrent for Rubber's Lover there, but currently no one seeding. But if you ask, someone will probably reseed.

I tried to get the torrent seeding once, but to no avail. I can't torrent with my current connection, either, which is a total drag.  

loIitoads

GermanAznGuy0738

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:27 pm
I'm amazed you didn't go into Zatoichi (you should get both the old one and the one with Takeshi Kitano) or the Korean War Drama Taegukgi.
Both of those movies are very good to watch...unless you are not into the movies with blood like in Taegukgi.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:36 pm
Lolicat von Doom
Quixotic Faye

I tried to get the torrent seeding once, but to no avail. I can't torrent with my current connection, either, which is a total drag.
Bummer. Currently, I'm trying it out, and someone's intermittently seeding it because I'm at 11%. It'll be a while, but if I ever get the whole thing, I could figure out how to send it your way if you want.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to dl some of the other films mentioned here. ninja  

Quixotic Faye

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:39 am
Hayao Miyazaki Movies. Its animated asian movies though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:27 pm
ymPsiegetanK
Hayao Miyazaki Movies. Its animated asian movies though.

Was never a particular fan of his films myself, but I totally dig the man's politics. Feminism is a pretty tough standpoint in Japan.  

loIitoads

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces