Welcome to Gaia! ::

F.A.G. : Fierce Artist's Guild.

Back to Guilds

A guild for artists of all kinds. Critiques, Galleries, Contests. 

Tags: artists, critique, draw, manga, gallery 

Reply Art School.
ABOUT (read me so you're not confused)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stupidcrackers
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:13 pm

The main purpose of this thread is for more experienced artists to "adopt" a few other artists and help them by critiquing their art and giving them challenges!

This idea is very much inspired from the "art mentor guild", but that one is kinda....out cold.

Anyone may post their own art school thread, you may title it however you want.
If you are a beginner, it is heavily advised to wait until you've build up a good amount of experience and skill before helping others.

If you take up this responsibility, please be loyal to your students and don't stop half way through your program D :
A good way to be committed without dedicating your life to this is to host "sessions", a certain frame of time in which you teach a few students.
For example: i plan to have a session the week of spring break since i'll have more free time then.
Teachers are expected to post at least a few assignments and to critique students when they need it (unless they give you a ridiculous number of images to critique).

Students should be respectful and not demanding. They are also expected to post pictures for critique and do assignments.
ALSO: STUDENTS: you may only be enrolled in one class at a time!!!
don't hog student slots D:<

Hopefully if you enroll in a class, you'll have improved by the end!!

Another suggestion for teachers: you can hold classes for specific aspects you specialize in too, such as a coloring, lineart, anatomy, perspective, or shading stints.

This Forum may be somewhat inactive during the school year, but check back often in case there is a class you might want to take!

(well since there are only like 11 members right now.... not many classes are going to happen, ORZ;; hopefully more ppl will join).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:43 am
Omg I love this idea!! D:  

II--Jinxii--II

Art School.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas