Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You watch it?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

The Queen of Sighs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:49 am

My Feelings:
It had funny parts, cute parts, and parts you could relate with sprinkled in there somewhere. Still though, I wasn't completely satisfied. I liked it, just didn't love it. I couldn't really find a reason why it didn't fulfil me, so I guess I just... expected better.

Did anyone feel the same? If not, what did you think of the movie?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:28 pm
It was a cute distraction, but it felt a little throwaway. For a film based around music, the soundtrack wasn't up to much.  

loIitoads

--A Moonlit Lullaby--

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:57 pm
I watched the movie after I read the book. Like with most book-based-movies, it was very different than what the author intended. It was a good movie I guess (it was kinda funny and sort of cute) but the book was so much better. It strayed from the book way too much.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:50 am
aloneinacrowd13
I watched the movie after I read the book. Like with most book-based-movies, it was very different than what the author intended. It was a good movie I guess (it was kinda funny and sort of cute) but the book was so much better. It strayed from the book way too much.

oh, really? So you'd reccomend it? I was thinking of reading it. Can't find many good books easily. xP

The Queen of Sighs

xXpenntwizzXx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:54 pm
Its was goodish....its wasnt as good as i thought it would be but i would defentley see it again  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:54 am
It was okay, I mean, it wasn't great, but I didn't regret watching it  

Jar City

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 pm
It wasn't terrible, it certainly isn't something i'm going to go run out and buy at full price. xD

I'll definitely wait until it's on half, for half the price before I get it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:00 pm
I think the director wanted to make a comedy that can relate to young adults but it didn't secome to it's expectations. The music was kinda lax like it was just background music. The main idea he wanted to focus on was the hardships of young relationships. For instance did anyone see parents in any of the sences? or an adult over 25? kinda showing people have no sence of knowing where there friends and family are. I rate it a 5 of 10 - ok but not worth seeing again.  

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

loIitoads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 am
LunaSoulKeeper
I think the director wanted to make a comedy that can relate to young adults but it didn't secome to it's expectations. The music was kinda lax like it was just background music. The main idea he wanted to focus on was the hardships of young relationships. For instance did anyone see parents in any of the sences? or an adult over 25? kinda showing people have no sence of knowing where there friends and family are. I rate it a 5 of 10 - ok but not worth seeing again.

This is the biggest criticism, because the film was meant to be based around a bunch of musicophiles, yet the music didn't permeate the film in the same way that it did in the likes of Juno which it seems to get compared to a lot.
I wouldn't would really be one to analyse this film with any depth though, especially if it's about 'the hardships of young relationships', which sorta screams 'no depth' anyway.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games