Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Today's Subject is: Super hero movies! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free gold?
  Thanks man.
View Results

DistricTokyo

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:15 pm
I would have to say Iron Man. 3nodding

I liked it because of the NON-STOP Humor & Action. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:41 pm
NERD ALERT!

Well, I personally enjoyed what marvel has done with their movies as of late. Last year's Iron Man and Hulk did really well and I look forward to what they(MARVEL) plans on doing in the future. Now, I have to say on an action level, I'm tied with Watchmen, Christopher Nolan's Batman movies(The Dark Knight and Batman Begins), and Iron Man. I enjoyed what was done with the first X-Men movie and Wolverine however the other two X-Men movies were iffy at best, due to their several problems. Now as a bit of comedy with Superheroes not counting of course superhero movie, I enjoyed HULK VS: Wolverine and Batman the movie with Adam West. The older Batman movies such as Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, they are all good for an occasional view but not for in depth viewing. SO To make a list, I guess my Super hero gene list would be:

1)Dark Knight
2)Iron Man
3)Wolverine
4)Hulk
5)Batman the Movie
6) Batman Begins
7) X-Men
cool Hulk vs: Wolerine  

The Trickster Serval

Romantic Sex Symbol

7,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:19 am
I thought that Iron Man was probably the best Marvel film currently, because it actually made me want to watch it, even though I hate the character. It felt like the Marvel Universe.
Shame there'll be no overlap with the Avengers and X-Men because the X-Men franchise film rights are out of Marvel's hands.

On a totally ridiculous note, I'd love a Guardians of the Galaxy film, or a cinematic version of the Annihilation conflict.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:57 pm
Lolicat von Doom
To define the best superhero film one first has to define superhero. What is a superhero? Someone with extra-human abilities? Then Batman is out, unless we count keen detection as a superhero skill, and then surely we have to let Sherlock Holmes in? Does a costume make a superhero? Or is it a secret identity?

Ignoring all this for a moment, I don't think I can choose a favourite superhero movie. Most of them annoy me in some way or another, although I am very excited about Wonder Woman. The animated version was good.
wonder woman's not coming out any more, they dropped it.  

Chlorofun

Generous Receiver

loIitoads

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 am
ooobled-
Lolicat von Doom
To define the best superhero film one first has to define superhero. What is a superhero? Someone with extra-human abilities? Then Batman is out, unless we count keen detection as a superhero skill, and then surely we have to let Sherlock Holmes in? Does a costume make a superhero? Or is it a secret identity?

Ignoring all this for a moment, I don't think I can choose a favourite superhero movie. Most of them annoy me in some way or another, although I am very excited about Wonder Woman. The animated version was good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/

IMDB seems to think it's still coming out... I can't say for sure though, because it's obviously stumbling around uselessly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:19 am
Lolicat von Doom
ooobled-
Lolicat von Doom

IMDB seems to think it's still coming out... I can't say for sure though, because it's obviously stumbling around uselessly.

I would LOVE for a wonder woman movie to come out. They would have to make some modifications to her costume for her to be taken seriously in a live action movie, but that's risky. The die hard fans might not like that. There just aren't any stand alone female superheroes these days. Elektra I guess is one, though she is still pretty much spin- off from Daredevil. Cat woman was a farce, though. *hate hate loathe loathe*

Are they still gonna do a Justice League movie?  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:29 am
Bonniebluejeans
Lolicat von Doom
ooobled-
Lolicat von Doom

I would LOVE for a wonder woman movie to come out. They would have to make some modifications to her costume for her to be taken seriously in a live action movie, but that's risky. The die hard fans might not like that. There just aren't any stand alone female superheroes these days. Elektra I guess is one, though she is still pretty much spin- off from Daredevil. Cat woman was a farce, though. *hate hate loathe loathe*

Are they still gonna do a Justice League movie?

I massively advocate a Moondragon and Phyla-Vell series, but I doubt it'll ever happen. Realistic lesbian superheroes with their own series? I don't think so, they're lucky to exist at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:05 am
All spider Man, Bat Man & X-Men movies...Wolverine sucked & so did the newer super Man movie!!!!  

JInnYenn

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 am
I'm a very big superhero fan (in the sense that I just love superhero movies and comics, nah, I may not know every single little thing there is to know about them, but I DO like them).

Having to pick a favorite superhero movie is like having to pick between your two most favorite CD's to me ... I just can't do it! DX There's one I can eliminate though o_o I hate Spiderman for some reason. He's such a wuss in my opinion.

Though, if I go by what I've seen recently I'd have to say Spirit was a really unique movie. To me it seemed humorous and had good characters along with it being a bit weird. I also liked the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Gambit is one of my favorites; I was disappointed they didn't give him a little more screen time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:14 pm
somehow i think aquaman gonna get the frying pan  

xTx Monty xTx

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:01 am
That's because Vinny Chase wouldn't come back to do the sequel. emo  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 am
I Am Java_luv
All spider Man, Bat Man & X-Men movies...Wolverine sucked & so did the newer super Man movie!!!!

The Dark Knight was pretty good and so was the first spiderman  

Atheist Guy

Metallithrasha

Shameless Heckler

14,225 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Crack Shot 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:36 am
I'd say The Dark Knight and Watchmen would be at the top of my list. I also like the X Men movies I was a little disappointed with the Wolverine movie (it was nice to finally see Gambit though), Iron Man and the first two spiderman movies, oh and also The Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer is pretty good too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:13 am
Looking at all these posts has made me realize I need to do some serious watching of the superhero genre. I haven't watched that many since watching the Superman remake. The Loise always makes or breaks a superman movie for me, and I just didn't like her. And the superman was too .... pretty. Idk.
I keep trying to sit down and watch the Dark Knight, since everyone keeps going on about it, but I never can seem to catch all of it on starz, so far I have seen the part where the Joker makes some tape and two face (who I didn't realize was in the movie at all) has his little scene. I'm off to the movie store and I am going to try and not get distracted by any anime.  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers