Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
City of Ashes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:18 am
This one is for City of Ashes discussion. Same as in the City of Bones forum, talk about w/e in this book, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:01 pm
LOOOVED Mia in this book. Her little thing for Simon was adorable.

Oh and DAMN Jace and Clary were angsty this book.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Vice Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

readingwritinglovingFF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 am
The best part in City of Ashes was Simon's turning into a vampire. Simply love that part, and all parts dealing with him being a vampire afterwards. As you can probably tell throughout any posting I write in these forums, Simon is my favorite character, and has been from beginning and most likely to end (haven't yet read City of Glass).  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:22 am
Simon is still funny and loveable! He's my fav character too, since before he turned into vampire and afterwards(that was bonus). The moments between him and Jace are halarious, but I don't want to give anything away so yeah. 3nodding  

netherfreak
Captain

kari-fae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:17 pm
aw simon is such a sweet character in this book! my favourite part though, no offense to him, was when the seelie queen requested that jace and clary kiss each other before she let them go. i know i wouldn't have been able to resist him any longer either!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:13 am
yea and i think the reasn simon can go out into the sun is beacuse of jace's blood.hes a shadowhunterone of the cloest thing to an angel plus valentine did to him which made him closer to an angel.  

rikushadowolf

6,700 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:42 pm
riku26101
yea and i think the reasn simon can go out into the sun is beacuse of jace's blood.hes a shadowhunterone of the cloest thing to an angel plus valentine did to him which made him closer to an angel.

*slight COG spoiler*Ya, that was another hint that Jace wasn't a demon, therefore, not Clary's brother. Cause when Raphael said that other vampires had tasted shadowhunter blood and not gotten extra powers, it was a hint that jace had more angel blood than other shadowhunters.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:14 pm
Seems nobody likes lucian XD I like Razil XD does it have a e after it ooops uim thats city of glass stuff XD  

Dyed Rain

Devoted Zealot

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200

Dyed Rain

Devoted Zealot

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:15 pm
to also burst your bubble about the sun thing its becuze jace is part angel XD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:19 am
i'm only on the 8th chapter, but i do know that simon becomes a vampire........ sad  

dascenzo

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:52 am
The quotes in that one are the best...mostly funny and some were cute
also some of the scene where really cute and funny  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:10 pm
OMG!! So something amazing happened to me involving this book...I got a signed copy of City of Ashes from my dad for my HS graduation!!!!!! I'm so excited cause she rarely ever does signings. EEEKKKKK!!!!! mrgreen  

netherfreak
Captain

Mortal Instruments Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces