Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
My gay vampire is cooler than yours~! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SO?
  Edward
  Lestat
View Results

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:48 pm
[Hollow Point]
It's an idiot term that has been taken WAY out of context in modern day usage.

wikipedia
Dion Fortune wrote of psychic parasitism in relation to vampirism as early as 1930 (considering it a combination of psychic and psychological pathology) in "Psychic Self-Defense". [4] The term "psychic vampire" first gained attention in the 1960s with the publication of Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible. LaVey, who stated he had coined the term,[5] used it to mean a paranormal entity within such a person allowing the psychic draining of energy from other people. Adam Parfrey likewise attributed the term to LaVey in an introduction to The Devil's Notebook

The theme of the psychic vampire has been a focus within modern vampire subculture. The way that the subculture has manipulated the image of the psychic vampire has been investigated by researchers such as Mark Benecke[6] and A. Asbjorn Jon.[7] Jon has noted that, like the traditional psychic vampires, those of vampire subculture believe that they 'prey upon life-force or 'pranic' energy'.[8]

nice little reference job. Another note: draining the life force from another person wasn't always seen as an act of vampirism. The idea of being able to came long before lavey.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:04 am
Yes, but we're not talking about the term before LaVey. We're talking about the post LaVeyan term of "psychic vampire" that is used today by a great population of imbeciles.  

[Hollow Point]

Ishachanmeow

Headstrong Bookworm

19,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:24 am
I prefer Lestat~ I mostly have a problem w/ the fact that Edward and all his little buddies are daywalkers... I could go on and on about how folklore is getting screwed (ie: Underworld) but I'm not going to waste my time or yours. Of course I've never seen/read Twilight, but I doubt I ever will. The fact that Lestat is sexually ambiguous and flawed makes for a more complex storyline. (For the record~ I heart Anne Rice)  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:05 pm
I have Read and seen twilight.
And i Much preffer Lestat
Edward is too, "correct", I need an evil, creature, who still has a little darkness in him. In QOTD, I loved Lestat for the most part.
I like my vampires to be dangerous, extroverted... Bad Boys.
Not school going straight A studenst. they have to have some flaws...
So, yep, Lestat. Because he doesn't Sparkle. lol.
Besides, Edward was so influenced by his creator's religion. She destroyed any vampire trace he had.  

Dgirl91

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces