Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Recomendations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ace-Light

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:09 am
Just started reading Tithe from the modern faerie tales series. I think it was netherfreak who reccomended it... Thanks for that cuz its really good so far.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:24 am
kari-fae
one such phenomenal series is the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead, and includes--Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, and coming this august, Blood Promise. it's not technically like the MI series, but it takes a new look at the life of vampires, called Moroi, and their "bodyguards", called Dhampir, as they battle evil vamps, Strigoi.

Yes! I love these books. I can't wait to read Blood Promise  

DeeSpark

Andjela4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 pm
I love the The darkest power trilogy, The summoning and the awakeing, the reckoning is the new one that isnt out yet i love this series its with majic and werewolfs.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:51 pm
I just read a book called 'Hero' by Perry Moore. I finished it in 2 days and I just wanted to pick it up and restart it. It's amazing!!! heart  

netherfreak
Captain

AcidCupcake---x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 pm
Okay I have a bunch of books I think people should read- Wicked Lovely, Hunger games, Vampire Academy, Night World, Vampire diaries, Undone (FREAKIN AWESOME BOOK!! I so can relate to the main character.!) Oh and Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:42 pm
I finished reading a series called 'House of Night' but there's only five books out right now( crying ) and the sixth one is going to be out sometime next month{Hopefully} and there's some disturbing parts in it but they're good books.  

Blaise1897

Ace-Light

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:33 pm
I've been on a whole James Patterson schtick lately. His Maximum Ride series is great as is the Womens Murder Club. He fell a bit short in Witch And Wizard. Still good. And Graceling is also a good book as is Evil Genius. Sorry I cant remember the authors for the last two.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:16 pm
○○○

Alriiighttt.... I got some more recommendatiooons--!! 8D Sorry if anyone said these already, haha.

The Stravaganza series, by Mary Hoffman. It's really good! I'm on book two. There are 5 books in total, thus far.

Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater. It drew me in so quickly, and it's definitely not your typical, run of the mill Werewolf story. It kicks a ton of other Werewolf stories' asses, imho.

I also recommend the Rainbow Boys series, as well as anything else, by Alex Sanchez. I've heard great things about it, and I'm also told that the characters are very interesting and sparkly... :B

That's it for now. Once I read through my stack of books, I will post up more if any strike me as really good!

○○○

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm
I have to suggest the Thursday Next series!!! Ive only read the first one so far but it was amazing! The first books called the Eyre Affair. If u've read some Shakspeare, Louis Carrol's Alice books, and the actual book Jane Eyre, the book is even more enjoyable, if u dont like any of these books it doesnt ruin it for u tho.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:08 pm
I finished White Cat by Holly Black which rocks biggrin
I also really liked Howl's Moving Castle which is also an animated movie. The Looking Glass Wars is another good one. Geektastic is a really good book because its an anthology by various authors including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. Currently trying to read Lord of the Flies which is really boring.  

Ace-Light

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Ace-Light
I finished White Cat by Holly Black which rocks biggrin
I also really liked Howl's Moving Castle which is also an animated movie. The Looking Glass Wars is another good one. Geektastic is a really good book because its an anthology by various authors including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. Currently trying to read Lord of the Flies which is really boring.

OMG, White Cat was kick a**! And if you liked Howl's Moving Castle, read Castle in the Air, it's the sequel.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:18 pm
Yea it rocked biggrin . Cant wait for Red Glove. And I went to go get it at Barnes & Noble, all excited...and it wasnt there. crying But thats why I read Gone. Also a very good book if anyone cares. Ad I also reccommend the Necromancer: The Secrets of the Immortal Nickolas Flamel the 4th book in the series.  

Ace-Light

Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces