Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Seven Pounds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:38 am
We just rented this movie.
It was beautiful, what did you think of it?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:23 pm
I agree. - I was actually planning on making a thread about this movie sometime in the near future, but you beat me to the punch.  

Contra Mundi
Crew

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 pm
I'll take the rec here then. When I first read up on it I was aghast that it was garnering so many great reviews, it seemed like the usual sentimental nonsense that gets pumped out now and then when people get sick of gratuitous nudity/violence.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:42 pm
It'd be worth checking out.
It's a lot more than just sentimental dribble, it actually makes you feel something.

Dude. This has been bugging me. How long did you work on that sig? It looks like you slapped a render onto some c4d and put some lighting effects on it and called it a signature.  

[Hollow Point]

Contra Mundi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:55 am
Lolicat von Doom
I'll take the rec here then. When I first read up on it I was aghast that it was garnering so many great reviews, it seemed like the usual sentimental nonsense that gets pumped out now and then when people get sick of gratuitous nudity/violence.

I must admit I thought the same when I read up on it, but I was bored one night and figured that the cast (Will Smith, Rosario Dawson and Woody Harrelson) seemed acceptably interesting and the whole "7 pounds" part kinda made me curious. Anyway, of course there are a few moments that force you to go "Oh what a cliché" but those moments are rare and after watching it, I felt I'd been entertained and I'd enjoyed watching the actors interact with each other and such. - Which is why I try not to base my choices in movies too much on reviews.

[Hollow Point]

Dude. This has been bugging me. How long did you work on that sig? It looks like you slapped a render onto some c4d and put some lighting effects on it and called it a signature.

Never called it a signature. Tho' I have ref. to it as a tag at times.

And I don't recall, it's about 3 years old and the first thing I made using photoshop. Tho' I do recall I spent most of the time figuring out the buttons. And I assure you, the process was a little more complicated than that. - Annoyingly enough I can't find the PSD file for it or I'd gladly have given it to you. Anyway, as I recall there's about 5-7 c4d's with many changes done to them, multiple light sources, many changes done to the render itself and do you see those colorful dots to the right and left of her? That's a custom brush that I made from scratch. Which is nothing, I know. But considering it was my first time fiddling with Photoshop, I'd say it was nicely pulled off.

That said, this is (Of course, it was my first ever.) the worst thing I've made using photoshop. But I only started using this account again a few weeks ago and I'm too much of a lazy ******** to update my account stuff. (Even that rubbish Gaara BG on my profile) Plus I can't find the only other tag I've made that didn't contain nudity. - But mostly it's the lazy ******** part.

Anyway, now that I've so graciously answered your question, please answer mine.

Why do you feel the need to b***h about it?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:23 pm
I’m a graphic designer, and I’m fairly skilled if I may be allowed to brag this once. But you’d be surprised how many forums people come on to and join in contests and enter s**t that basically the background is C4d that’s been blown up +200 and they throw a render on it, maybe even a overlay, then go “here’s my entry, gimme my prize”. Haha. It’s amongst my greatest annoyances. If I may make a suggestion, if you ever find that file, take off the lighting effects on her face, it puts too much attention on the render, and makes it incredibly distracting, not allowing you to really appreciate the background behind her, which on closer inspection, and with you story, seem to have a good bit of effort in them.

I really didn’t mean offense; I apologize if it came off as I was being an a*****e. Because rereading my comment, it was rather presumptuous. I would really enjoy looking at your other work if you wouldn’t mind PMing them to me.  

[Hollow Point]

Bruki_Cuki0117

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:22 am
Personally, I really enjoyed Seven Pounds. I will admit that it had a few mushy love parts, but on a whole, was very nicely done. I especially like the concept and the foreshadowing of the jelly fish in the beginning to his death in the end. It kept me on my toes trying to peice together the clues and had a, despite all odds, happy ending. smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:51 am
Great movie, Seriously i almost cried at the end of it.  

Black-Ninja01

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff