Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Fanfics, fanarts, etc
The End

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tabatha_Twitchet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:37 pm
So, I posted this on fanfiction.net , but it hasn't gotten any reviews yet. I figured I'd put it up here and see if I need to fix anything.

Summary: An AU darkfic involving OC death. Alfred remembers his Democratic and Republican parties. Slightly 1984-ish. Reviews and constructive crit are most welcome.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:39 pm
One thing Alfred noticed when he woke that morning was that he was not alone. Rather, he had two bed partners, one on either side. Let it not be said that his bed was ever very cold, but he hadn't been feeling well for the past decade or so and thus had been cutting down on such carnal pleasures as sex.

He rolled to his right and opened his eyes. A young man lay there- his face pinched even in sleep- unconsciously scratched at the pale yellow stubble on his cheek. So it was him. Alfred more or less knew who was on his right, then.

He rolled again, one hundred and eighty degrees, affirming his assumption of his other bed mate. He was greeted by the sleeping face of a young woman, framed by thin blonde hair.

"Lettie?" he whispered. It wasn't unusual for his Democratic or Republican parties to crawl into bed with him, especially now under the constant strain of attacks and undercutting.  

Tabatha_Twitchet

Tabatha_Twitchet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:40 pm
"Nnngm? Oh, g-good morning, Alfred," the young woman whispered back as she opened her blue eyes, "I-I hope you don't mind us being here. Rob and I...we..."

At a loss of words, Lettie pressed her forehead against Alfred's bare chest. She was burning up.

"Colette, wha...what's...?”

"Just a low, that's all," the blonde woman supplied, kissing her country's cheek "You've been through them before. We'll be fine, I promise. Now go and take your shower and the three of us'll sort this out when Rob wakes up."

He saw the effort that it took her to smile, but he believed her anyways. She moved so he could get out of the bed. Alfred stood and took in his once-glorious Democratic party.

She had grown thin, no, skeletal as the people had stopped believing in her. Her hair had gotten thin and lank and her ribs and cheekbones jutted out from beneath her skin. While the rest of her had gotten skinnier, her head and eyes remained the same size, making her look like an over-sized and under-fed child. Alfred reminded himself that she practically was a child, and that he probably looked no better.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:41 pm
He reached for Colette's too-thin face and kissed her deeply. He felt tears course down his cheeks, although he was unsure what or who he was crying for.

"Go, shower," Colette said, after breaking the kiss, "I'm...going to stay in bed a little longer. I'll get up when you get out. Go on now. I won't go anywhere."

Alfred smiled weakly and shuffled to the bathroom. Everything hurt. His army, citizens, everything was dying. His economy was at its lowest point ever, and people were fleeing- he didn't know where to, it wasn't as if any of the other nations were any better off than he was. The former super-power figured his pride was the only thing that kept him going. He was America, dammnit! Americans didn't give in, no matter the opposition.

There was a fierce twinge in his heart as he stepped into the ice-cold spray. He brushed it off as another battalion being annihilated, another assassination, another bomb going off. The sense of emptiness that followed this one was much bigger than any of the others before, though, as if a piece of him had been ripped away. His already strife-clouded mind wondered if one of his wonderful fifty had been taken away, and if he'd have to remake his flag and replace the numbers on the back of his jacket.

An hour he stepped out of the shower and wrapped a thin towel around his hips. The empty feeling still hadn't subsided at all.

"Lettie?" he called into the bedroom, "Are you alright?"

There was no answer.  

Tabatha_Twitchet

Tabatha_Twitchet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:42 pm
"Lettie?" he tried again as he moved towards the bed, "Lettie, are you ok? C'mon, we've got stuff to figure out."

Alfred's hand went to Colette's shoulder to rouse her. The flesh that had just an hour before been burning with fever was cold.

"Lettie? Lettie, wake up!"

Alfred's voice was panicked now.

"Lettie? Robert? WAKE UP!"

Staring in disbelief at the bed where the two branches of his government lay curled against each other, reconciled after all these years, Alfred finally knew what that pain had been earlier.

His democracy was dead.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:44 pm
He collapsed to his knees and rested his head against the mattress. They were both gone. His freedom to choose- his very basis- was gone. There was nothing left, only two golden-haired corpses, like Botticelli’s angels starved to death.

"Robert...Lettie..."

His vision clouded and he supposed time passed. He could hear people talking at him, to him, calling his name as they tried to move him. He heard some one come in and try to lift Robert from the bed.

"DON'T TOUCH THEM!" He snarled.

"Don't...don't touch them..."  

Tabatha_Twitchet

Tabatha_Twitchet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:45 pm
END CHAPTER ONE  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:35 pm
I only want to be...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

wow.. i like it..
i like way you used people to represent the two parties as well.
i thought the overall writing was very engaging, and you really did capture a dark and very hopeless mood. it was very nice.

correct me if i'm wrong, (i haven't studied up to this point in history yet lol) but do i sense hints of communism coming?
XD oh noes, russia! kol kol kol.. lol jk

User Image

...With you once again.

chiyo_xx

Tabatha_Twitchet

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Ah! I'm so glad you liked it!

Actually, it's not Communism. It's set about twenty years into the future, so it's a new kind of government. twisted  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:43 am
xp so what would it be called?
(<- warning: n00b)  

ShibuyaNeko

Tabatha_Twitchet

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:04 pm
Er, the fic? It's be called "The End" like the title of this thread. The government doesn't have a name, because that isn't the focus of the story.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:59 pm
Tabatha_Twitchet
Ah! I'm so glad you liked it!

Actually, it's not Communism. It's set about twenty years into the future, so it's a new kind of government. twisted
I only want to be...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

ah i see..
can you send me the link to the story please?

User Image

...With you once again.

chiyo_xx

Fanfics, fanarts, etc

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas