Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writers Palace

Back to Guilds

Here is your chapter. You can write stories or read to your hearts content. Post ideas or learn tips posted by me and your fellow members. 

Tags: Writing, Stories, Reading, Books, sexy 

Reply Fantasy & Sci-Fi -----------------------{Dragons and swords and adventure OH-MY! Now w/ Sci-fi}}
Make-a-world

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What era of fantasy?
  Prehistoric
  Medieval
  Modern
  Renaissance
View Results

In the know-where-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 pm
Alright, this is an exercise (kinda) in thinking up fantasy settings. What happens is, people add on a new thing about a certain place, like say a forest, village or castle. It can be people, Buildings, events, anything. Why? because its fantasy. And nobody give a crap what you do as long as it makes sense. so I figure we could have ourselves a really fun little place.

1 rule. You HAVE to go with what the other people say. If someone says there is a man that hops around with no arms or legs, dont get him angry if you value your kneecaps. IF you have any questions, put them in (parenthesis).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 pm
The forest stood, still and silent save for the birds and occasional wildcat call. The cats had calls that were four times bigger than their bodies, and the birds were of all colors and shapes. The most common was a brown grouse that looked like it was hugging itself. When it's wings opened, had bright red and black on the underside of it's body. The forest's trees had bark that shimmered like gold when light hit them, but in the shade they looked like normal bark. The leaves were silvery and white. Not many had walked the paths of the forest other than the animals. And maybe something more. Something big. Very big.  

Willow Wolfblade
Captain

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

ms_elfen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 am
As we moved further from civilisation, there were less streetlights and more stars filled the sky. Soon the off-road track we were travelling on was completely absent of artificial light and shrouded with tall trees and thick bushes casting swaying shadows on our path. I didn’t know where I was exactly but I didn’t care. I trusted Ryan and the Aithers enough to let them lead me blind into the night.

“Okay guys, get ready. We’re here”, Deeley mercifully broke into my thoughts as he turned the black family hatchback into a long, narrow cobbled-stone path that ascended a steep, grassy hill.

We approached a dark ominous shadow loomed against the already dark night sky. It looked like a stone wall and I observed that even with my advanced sight at night, the wooden entrance was barely visible whilst the rest was covered in dense foliage. If someone had been even one metre away they wouldn’t have been able to notice it unless they knew what to look for.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:01 am
The above was a section of chpt seven of a short novel i'm writing. i prefer modern settings because people are more likely to relate it to themselves (and i'm not good at keeping the context in mind).

Brett KoZakku, i like your natural approach to fantasy. smile  

ms_elfen

In the know-where-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:34 pm
Near the forest lay a small village. There were no more than a hundred people that lived there. They lived on a hill, and at the very top lay the house of the blacksmith. She was an old woman, she had seen many generations pass, but still managed to create the best for the villages. Never was there a broken axel or scythe that could not be fixed by her. She seemed to have a aura about her that asked for respect and reverence. she could be found at times, staring into the forest that most people were afraid to enter. When asked what she was doing she would merely respond, "remembering," and Shuffle back to her hut. The rest of the village were simple farmers, that led peaceful lives. The village looked down onto a citie, about five or six miles off, some people remember that they had once come from there but no one is absolutely sure how.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:13 pm
ms_elfen
The above was a section of chpt seven of a short novel i'm writing. i prefer modern settings because people are more likely to relate it to themselves (and i'm not good at keeping the context in mind).

Brett KoZakku, i like your natural approach to fantasy. smile

Thank you much, now if only I could make that into a short story or something of the sort. xd  

Willow Wolfblade
Captain

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Fantasy & Sci-Fi -----------------------{Dragons and swords and adventure OH-MY! Now w/ Sci-fi}}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games