Submit

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 pm
Ok, here's some new information on this. I could really use some input:

So, the two of us have been talking nonstop since I left Cali. We've been talking about eveything from familes to our home towns, it's been a lot of getting to know each other.
Then, on tuesday he sent me a message saying that he would be on leave from the end of may to about mid june and he wants to see me. He said he would buy me a train ticket and have me come out to Iowa to see him. He wants me to come out there so bad, he was so excited when I told him I would see what I could do.

What should I do????  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:47 pm
If you like him, why not see him? You've been talking nonstop, you've already met him in person {as that's how you got to know him to begin with}, and you've already been intimate with him so why are you questioning whether to see him or not? If the trip isn't a major interference with your life, then I don't see anything wrong with this situation. I don't really understand why you're asking for advice.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:23 am
Well, I'm just worried about it. One of my friends was a little iffy about it because it's just me going out to see him and there's no one else out there that I know.
But I talked to him about it and he's actually coming through Colorado on his way back and that he would take me back to Cali with him for the 4th of july weekend.
I dunno, we're still figuring things out I guess. Just trying to be careful.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:22 am
using caution would make more sense to me if you hadn't already been with him in person, but I guess if it makes you feel uncomfortable to be so far away from home without anyone else with you then it makes sense to "be cautious".

If you ever hope to move to California, you're going to have to get used to traveling without a companion, though... unless you happen to have a friend that wants to move with you.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Sweet_lil_tomboy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:30 am
I agree, if it's not a major interference in your life at the moment and you are able to afford to go, I'd go. Make sure you have a way home before you leave on the trip and stay at a hotel, not with his family. This way if something happens between you two you are still able to have your space and get home as planned.
Otherwise have fun. Iowa may not seem like the most logical place to vacation but hey why not experience something new. Good Luck Sweetie. smile heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:54 am
Yeah, I definetly don't like the idea of being at his house with his family. I don't usually do well with parents, most of my friends in the past were good christian kids and I was the "bad influence" on them so their parents hated me. Now, most parents love me, but it's still an awkward situation for me. I dunno, I like the idea of seeing him on his way through Colorado and then staying with him for the 4th. It sounds horribly romantic lol.
I don't really mind going places on my own, I lived out in Cali right after high school and it was just me. I'm just hesitant when it comes to guys. I was in a really bad relationship right when I got back from Cali the first time. He seemed like a great guy and then he ended up being controling and abusive. Just trying to think things through.  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:00 pm
I'd say go - like emptysoul mentioned you have already met him in person so the risk is not as high. but I would, on the side of safety, bring enough money or a credit card with you so that you could make your own way home if you felt like you needed to get away for some reason. You can always leave the situation, get a cab hop a train take a flight it costs money but if it is for your safety it is worth it. Don't think you need to be stuck in any way, you are just "talking" to this guy for now so you have no relationship type obligations.

good luck  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 pm
So pretty much... I should go lol. sweatdrop
I guess I just overthink things, actually, I always do. When he first put the idea in my head I instantly was like, "okay! sure!" and then the more I thought about it, the more time between our messages, I started thinking about how scary it would be.
A majority of his friends are girls (all dating mind you) and I get intimidated around a whole lot of girls, I do better around guys, oddly enough.
I dunno, like I said, I over think things. xp xp xp  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:34 am
I think Sweet_lil_tomboy gave some good advice if staying with his family would make you too uncomfortable.

I also don't see why visiting him sooner would take away from seeing him for the 4th of July. Can't you do both? And why is it "romantic" for you to stay with him in California for a weekend but "scary" to visit him in Iowa? It doesn't make sense to me... it's the same person in both situations.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:15 am
Unfortunetly I can't afford that. I get paid vacation from my job, but I don't have a whole lot left. Also I'm supposed to be going through a months worth of training and going on vacation during that...would probably never happen. I have bills to pay xp
As for spending the 4th with him, it's romantic because I can spend one on one time with him as supposed to being in Iowa with him and his family and a whole lot of other people I don't know. And going out to Cali would mean he would come through Colorado on his way back and we would spend that time together. It just a little more personal.  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:38 pm
that's why I said "if it's not a major interference". Not being able to afford it or not having the time for it because of other obligations would mean it's a major interference.

Something to keep in mind for future reference, though is that just because it's someone's home/hometown doesn't mean you're going to spend the entire time meeting their friends and family. My spouse actually spent very little time with my family when they came to my home before we married. It was mostly one on one time as they traveled two time zones to see me, not my family.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:00 pm
Yeah, but at the same time it's his chance to be with his family. He's miles away from home the rest of the time. And a lot of the things he was suggesting had to do with hanging out with his brothers, or his friends.
Honestly, I don't think I'm important enough to interfere with his life when he's with his family.  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:58 pm
seems like you have everything figured out {or at least have your mind made up}, so why were you asking for our help? xp  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 pm
Because I like to get other peoples ideas on it and I always overthink things when left to my own devices lol. Also, I didn't know there was another option other than Iowa. I like the idea of going out to Cali and spending some more time with him like we did when I was out there.  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:28 pm
So after all of that, I'm heading out to Iowa from the 11th to the 15th lol. And he might stop over in Colorado on his way back so I can show him how my life is lol. sweatdrop heart sweatdrop heart
We've also talked on Skype and he played me the song he wrote for me... It's beautiful. ^^  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff