Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
CRASH

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:17 pm
I just saw this movie and WOW. I feel bad now for denying my ex of renting it every time we went to the video store. It was very compelling. What did you guys think?  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:36 pm
Which Crash? James Spader version or the undeserving Oscar winner?  

Quixotic Faye

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:46 pm
lol i guess the undeserving one?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
        I thought it was excellent and challenging. I am going to watch it with my fiance next time we are together.

Herself Online

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:50 am
Full of simplistic racist tropes showcased in a completely unrealistic setting. Yeah, people are racist, but people aren't so blatant about it either. It was paraded around like a badge in that movie because Haggis wanted to make a point, but it rang incredibly false and pretentious.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:27 am
Great movie. Really made me wake up  

Black-Ninja01

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 pm
Quixotic Faye
Full of simplistic racist tropes showcased in a completely unrealistic setting. Yeah, people are racist, but people aren't so blatant about it either. It was paraded around like a badge in that movie because Haggis wanted to make a point, but it rang incredibly false and pretentious.

My opinion on the Oscar-winnner. Such films are near pointless, and it's things like homosexuality that need to be tackled in mainstream cinema, which in despite of what everyone believes about Hollywood seems only to have progressed in the past few years.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:27 am
I don't think it was pointless. We all are racist. Whether we think it or not. It's how far you'll take it. I thought it was a good movie and the director had a vision and executed it. You can't make a movie about a topic and just hint at it through the movie. It has to be there for you see, even if its a little over exaggerated. Besides it was a movie about racism and that's what he conveyed. It was better then some kind of period movie done in the south.
As far as Gays go, I think they get there fair share of screen time. They've had T.V. shows solely based on Homosexuality. But if we continue to act like their some kind of attraction or showcase them, then we'll never see them as a normal part of are society. Just some kind of sideshow act. Gays are very much apart of cinema today. God I wish I could remember the name of that movie with Sharon Stone and Ellen. "Our House" I think is the name. The Gay community has come along way to be accepted and for the most part they are. Now we just need to get the old decayed conservatives outta office. But when we continue to make a big deal about it we only perpetuate the stigma. On the other hand ignorance will never disappear and hate will never vanish. We'll always have to deal with it, its just a matter of the scale we'll have to deal with it. Oh and religion doesn't help either.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items