Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Haven OF Memories (A Yaoi&Yuri Guild)

Back to Guilds

A place for friends to chat, and socialize. Open to all. 

Tags: Yuri, Yaoi, Friends, Chatting 

Reply A Haven OF Memories (A YaoiStraightYuri Guild)
Advice thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

16 Prayers
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:20 pm
So
Got the crazy idea to make an advice thread. For if you need help on anything, anything at all you can come and talk about it here.
Seriously ANYTHING.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:43 pm
Alright then I guess I'll start (Cause I desperatley need it right now -__-)

I have this friend right?
Her name is Katherine and when me and her first started getting close she was great.
Which alot of people who don't really know her think this. She's outgoing, funny, and can keep a good conversation.

HOWEVER me and her would get into these little fights that we would never take seriously. We'd usually be laughing about them the entire way but lately she's been acting diffrently about them,
In her eyes, It's completely OK to make fun of me or insult me in some way but if I am to do the same to her, Then she has every right to ignore me until I spend a good amount of time apologizing over and over again.

I've been telling her this for a week now, that it's been annoying me but she doesn't do anything about it.
So today I ended up saying before 7th period that I'm always in a bad mood in that class. She asked me why and I said "Oh, y'know certain people have a tendency to bring me down."
She just gave me a face that looked like she was thinking "I'm not putting up with this" and walked away.

After class I apologized to her and asked if she was mad and she said she was annoyed because I keep complaining about her joking around and that I need to stop being so sensitive or just stop being friends with her.
That kind of stung
I wasn't trying to cut off the friendship, I was trying to fix what was wrong.
I mean in my opinion, a good friend wouldn't find a way to turn it around on me, or advise me to stop being friends with her.
I don't know...A friend of mine was saying that she was just saying the friend part because Katherine KNOWS that I wouldn't end the friendship and do everything I could to fix it.
Part of me wants to prove her wrong.
Why should I put effort into this when Katherine is not?
Am I really being to sensitive?
Please help. Any advice would help.  

16 Prayers
Crew

Ariskedne

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:35 am
Ok first ur not being sensitive, its quite normal ur understanding and i say its ok too. Also the fact that ur friend put on the table the end friendship statement means that she doesnt know how to manage the situation and takes the easiest way and runs away. U did rigth in telling her what was bugging u, shes just dont want to accept she was wrong. However the fact that u tend to apologize to her makes it look like she has a rigth to treat u that way, cause u will always go back and say its ur fault. I believe u should simply sit down alone, and have a friendly conversation and tell each other first was bugging u about the other and then put statements on how to fix it and in the end make a deal out of it. ur not a bad friend and shes not either u have a common problem, believe i have that problem too XD. i hope i have been of any help, good luck 16 prayers ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:40 pm
:]
Thanks Dj_Sin!
I'll give it a shot.  

16 Prayers
Crew

Ariskedne

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:01 pm
no prob, just tell me if it works XD  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:56 pm
Well I didn't follow your EXACT advice

Instead I made sure not to make fun of her, or at the very least, not make fun of the things she's sensitive about.
Like how big her nose is, and comparing it to a beak.
She always makes fun of how big my forehead is, and I made sure that if she brought up something like that, I would just walk away.
Which led her to apologizing to me instead.
And we've gotten the message across NOT to make fun of things that bother us to much.

And about the whole "Cutting off the friendship" thing. I ended up saying something to try and prove I have the higher power.
Alot of the time whenever I try and hang out with my other friends, Katherine will literaly tug me away from them, and since my other friends practically hate Katherine, you can see where it can be a problem.

But anyways during sometime today I made it apparent to Katherine that if she were to lose me, the only friends she would have to hang out with are Kelsey and Kyla.
We used to be one big group of friends, but Katherine ended up getting pissed at Kelce (Diffrent from KelSEY) because they didn't hang out that much over summer and immediately cut off the friendship.
She didn't even talk to her when school started, thus seperating the group. I've tried to stay on both sides but ended up getting closer to Katherine than I thought.
BUT I've known Kelce a hella lot longer than I've known Katherine, and Katherine has been known to end a LOT of friendships over stupid reasons...which is why she really only has me Kelsey and Kyla anymore.  

16 Prayers
Crew

Ariskedne

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:05 pm
16 Prayers
Well I didn't follow your EXACT advice

Instead I made sure not to make fun of her, or at the very least, not make fun of the things she's sensitive about.
Like how big her nose is, and comparing it to a beak.
She always makes fun of how big my forehead is, and I made sure that if she brought up something like that, I would just walk away.
Which led her to apologizing to me instead.
And we've gotten the message across NOT to make fun of things that bother us to much.

And about the whole "Cutting off the friendship" thing. I ended up saying something to try and prove I have the higher power.
Alot of the time whenever I try and hang out with my other friends, Katherine will literaly tug me away from them, and since my other friends practically hate Katherine, you can see where it can be a problem.

But anyways during sometime today I made it apparent to Katherine that if she were to lose me, the only friends she would have to hang out with are Kelsey and Kyla.
We used to be one big group of friends, but Katherine ended up getting pissed at Kelce (Diffrent from KelSEY) because they didn't hang out that much over summer and immediately cut off the friendship.
She didn't even talk to her when school started, thus seperating the group. I've tried to stay on both sides but ended up getting closer to Katherine than I thought.
BUT I've known Kelce a hella lot longer than I've known Katherine, and Katherine has been known to end a LOT of friendships over stupid reasons...which is why she really only has me Kelsey and Kyla anymore.

sweatdrop ooook, congrats on finding ur own way to solve the problem XD ^^ hope i can help next time  
A Haven OF Memories (A YaoiStraightYuri Guild)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games