Welcome to Gaia! ::

Awesome Anime and Manga Guild {Join Now!}

Back to Guilds

This is a place for people to discuss manga and anime, as well as meet people with the same interests! Join Today! 

Tags: Manga, Anime, Friends, Roleplay, Discussion 

Reply Main Anime and Manga Guild Forum
How did YOU get into Manga/Anime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manga or Anime
  Manga
  Anime
View Results

rubyxx_01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 am
haha~ quite an answer actually.... um... Well, when I was a kid (baby), I used to watch a video that really sparked me. Then, in 7th grade, my friend was talking about anime/manga, and I told her one of the shows that really stood in my mind. And I described the character only to find out it was anime!! InuYaasha, no less!!! lol  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:29 pm
It's my brother fault... When I was younger, he did not want to give me attention.... One day, he was listening to Anime, and I decide to go listen it with him... I was too young, I did not understand anything, but my brother translate it for me! It was a really great time! blaugh
I love that so much, that I continued to want anime and read manga, and now, I'm a fan, and I always want more! xd

Love you Bros! blaugh heart  

lasaralis

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Overstocked 200

Historical

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:25 am
A couple of my friends introduced anime to me.
I didn't like it at first but then I got really into it.
Then they introduced me to manga and I love it even more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:51 am
when i was about 10 i started watching gundam wing, rurouni kenshin, dbz, sailor moon, Pokemon, and a crap ton of other anime that was on cartoon network at the time.
around 13 my father divorced my mother and i got his comic book collection which included Thor, spider-man, and a pile of other marvel titles. and eventually i went looking for more comics online and found a manga scanulations site and started reading manga rather then comics.
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  

MomoTehChosenOne

XsagwaX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 pm
hmmm.... well lets see i went to my schools book sale in 7th grade i had barly gotten to reading at all during that year and i had already read harry potter and charlie bone so i wanted something else to read. when i looked through the books i was automaticaly drawn to the manga (i had remembered seening stuff like it on tv and they looked like my friends drawings, we learned about it together, even though she drew it she didnt know what it was) i origanally wanted to get kamakazie kaito jane but i got muri puri instead, it was my first manga. but when i moved and started a new school they had manga in their libary so i sat in their every lunch and eventually read them all the friends i made there knew more about it so i learned a lot from them^^

sorry for the long winded explination i think thats my writing side  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 pm
i just read one of my bros manga books when i got bored and LOVED it  

petmaster0202

dneko-chan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:31 am
I new about anime when I was really young but my frien showed me a lot more different new anime series so I started to watch more and more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 pm
i saw this manga in the public library and decide to borrow it, then i got really into it <3
the name was once in a blue btw, not alot of ppl know it tho sweatdrop LOL so glad i still remember it after 6 years xD Funny enought, that was the last time i ever saw the book D;  

Kunopegos

No Hero

midn13

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:54 am
i don't remember how i got introduced to anime/manga. i think it was because my friend recommended it to me or something  
Main Anime and Manga Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff