Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writers Palace

Back to Guilds

Here is your chapter. You can write stories or read to your hearts content. Post ideas or learn tips posted by me and your fellow members. 

Tags: Writing, Stories, Reading, Books, sexy 

Reply Fantasy & Sci-Fi -----------------------{Dragons and swords and adventure OH-MY! Now w/ Sci-fi}}
Untitled for now...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you read this?
  Heck, yeah!
  Eh, maybe... depends, IDK.
  Hell, no!
  GOLD ROBOT;; CLICK RANDOM ANSWER NOW.
View Results

Lily of the Valley x3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:48 pm
I'm starting a story which I will be using for the story contest. It'll be fun! Here's some basic background information that I'll be using in the story; since I don't know how I'll incorporate it, I'll put it here for now.

So there are four 'races' I use in this story; the Fey, the Elaeryn, the Naferi, and the humans.

Fey;
An adult faerie's height usually ranges from about eight to fifteen inches; note that all Fey are female. A faerie's wings are like an insect's, membraneous rather than feathery. Each faerie has a color; though her skin is of regular tones, her wings and clothes will be this color. Since colors are abundant, most of the Fey have a color to themselves, and a faerie can usually be recognized from a distance by her color. Over all, the Fey are a peaceful people, having little to no conflict or war. A faerie's personality, however, can vary just as widely as a human's. There is good and evil among the Fey, and not all are what they seem.
Each faerie belongs to a court, which has a Daele [leader] and occupies a certain territory. The three courts featured in this story are the Elderwoode court, the Aspencliffe court, and the Ivylande court. Courts are like clubs; though the Fey interact and have relationships with members of various courts, they tend to be loyal to and defensive of their court. The courts meet once every season to check on progress throughout the entire faerie population; these meetings are co-hosted by the Daelen and there is a festival to accompany it.
The Fey are quite close with nature, as they live with it and are very much affected by it. So some of the Fey have the power to control nature, through the basic foundation of everything; energy. They can manipulate the energy within their surroundings to do amazing things. Even though not all Fey have this power, the Gifted, as they are called, are not held above the ordinary Fey.

Elaeryn;
The Elaeryn are of regular human size with strange tattoo-like markings spanning their bodies. An elaere's markings are like a zebra's stripes; each is unique and never seen anywhere else. They span a variety of colors, but cannot be recognized from a distance. They will also disappear at the elaere's will, which is just an added bonus. The Elaeryn have slightly pointed ears, and somehow the word got translated to 'elf' in human tongue. The Elaeryn are a very proud people, but as with the Fey, individual personality will differ.
The Elaeryn are a united people, and they all live under one court-like dominion. They are quite loosely packed over their land, which is surrounding the river. They aren't very loyal, but then again they don't have to be because there are no real rivalries among the Elaeryn.
An elaere cannot breathe underwater, but they can hold their breath for remarkably long periods of time. This is pretty much why they live by the river. The Elaeryn have also been bestowed with another power; they can communicate with the wildlife around them, especially when they are underwater. An elaere could be known to have close bonds with animals, sometimes closer than one of its own kind.

Naferi;
The Naferi are of regular human size, but they have some strange characteristics. For one, their body temperature is constantly fluctuating, which means you could touch an ice-cold nafer and they could be red hot the next second. Also, a nafer's spine juts out so that it almost breaks the skin on its back, and there is a bony ridge cutting down their backs. The Naferi also have large wings of brownish colors, which can be hidden easily under clothes. These wings are feathered, like a bird's. This gives purpose to their lightweight bones.
The Naferi mostly populate the cliff that also gives a home to the Fey of Aspencliffe court, but the Naferi live on the top to be close to their domain; the sky. Their government is like that of the Elaeryn, loose but connected. The Naferi are extremely defensive when it comes to their kin, even if a crime has been committed or something of the sort. They tend to have close familial bonds as well, and are very loving.
The Naferi have astounding powers, even apart from being able to fly. They have one distinct capability that sets them apart from any other creature; they are shapeshifters. Each nafer can change their shape at will, becoming the animal, plant, or other object of choice. It is painful at first, but an experinced nafer can bear the pain of transformation and reduce it to almost a tenth of the intensity. Aside from the pain, transformation is seamless and smooth and will often be used to a nafer's advantage.

Humans;
Humans have no defining characteristics, interesting governments, or amazing powers in the setting of this story. Actually, only one human is featured in the story. What's the deal with that? Read to find out.

<3

ALL INFORMATION ABOVE IS © Lily of the Valley x3.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:24 pm
XD I love the description of the humans. It describes some of the wonderful reasons that we are so great.  

In the know-where-

Lily of the Valley x3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 pm
Unfortunately, my story has lost its inspiration. I guess this thread is open to posting. If anyone wants to take over and post a story with that background info, go ahead.

Lily-chan

Fantasy & Sci-Fi -----------------------{Dragons and swords and adventure OH-MY! Now w/ Sci-fi}}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games