Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Motion sensors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

like motion sensors?
  yes
  no
  other, because I'm too tired to make twenty options.
View Results

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:35 pm
I hate them. Is it so wrong to like playing video games with a controller? I mean, motion sensors (like wiimote) are intresting, sure, but after three-four games, the novelty kinda wore off. Everything seems to be going towards that, though. D=  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:50 pm
Honestly? It depends on the game. If the developers make it good enough, then it rarely bothers people. Of course, some people just don't like moving body parts...but I can't speak for them. I like my Bleach: Shattered Blade game for the Wii; the game requires you to hack and slash and jab, but it never bothered me. On the other spectrum, the game Lair for the PS3 used motion controls but it was a pitiful game. (it had potential)

In sumation,
I'm in the gray area! biggrin  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 am
It all depends on the quality of the game.

If the game is made well and the motion sensor works well with it, then all is good.

The problem with the Wii (especially lately) are a lot of games that are just utter crap are being released - and the only thing going for them is that they rely on the gimmick of the motion sensor controls of the Wiimote.

Nintendo is being criticized a lot lately because of the garbage they are allowing on their console. Nintendo got so used to having 3rd parties not want to make games on thier consoles (N64, gamecube) that when 3rd parties wanted to make games for them (on the Wii), they accepted them all without question - unlike Sony & Microsoft, Nintendo doesn't have strict standards, they accept junk from anybody willing to pay the fees.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:08 pm
I'm sort of in-between too... To be honest, all I've ever playeed on the Wii was baseball, and I sucked at it, so I can't really judge that. stare If the trend is anything like that of the DS, though... Well, The World Ends with You made such awesome use of the touchscreen that I nearly annihilated my DS with it, but with something like Pokemon? It's just entirely unnecessary, and it is a gimmick. Overall, all these new ways of gaming are novelties, and they do get old.

I think it's awesome they're out there, though. They give a lot more options, and they have potential for some awesome awesome games... but most of the time, I'd prefer to stick with my controller too.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas