Which avatar arena do you like better?
  original
  cosplay
  both and/or it depends
  neither
View Results

Minerva the Bookwyrm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:47 am
I’m new, and I thought I’d enter the guild by making a thread! I actually joined a while ago, but the first time I posted was today because summer has started, so I FINALLY have time to post. biggrin

I entered in the avi arena here. Please, rate my avatar if you get the chance! whee

I’d feel badly if I was just promoting myself, so this thread is a discussion, too. How do you feel about the avi arena, and the other arenas?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Oh don't worry, we get plenty of threads around here just asking for arena votes. razz And I think cosplay and original avatars have two very different aims, so it can be a little hard to compare which is better, but I tend to like the original arena a bit better since there's a bit more variety and less reliance on the popularity of a character to get good votes or getting duplicate winners or having to hunt around for a missing reference picture for an obscure character. On the flip side though, there's a lot more garbage to shift through in the originals arena along with having more entries usually in general to go through making it hard to find the good ones often in there. I don;t know how it could work well yet, but I've said several times before I wish the arenas could have preliminary rounds to sort out some of the junk before more serious voting is done after the filtration.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm
I have a love/hate relationship with the avatar arenas. I like to see the cool and different avi's people post but it stinks when others are just being mean and comment that other avi's shouldn't be there. It's bothersome sometimes but I like to not think about them and just rate others depending on style.  
®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games