Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)
pancake recipe's

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:03 am
i'm just taking a guess here thinking that alot of you are from america wink , can anyone give me an american pancake recipe? the ones here in britain and thin and tasteless stressed , the pancakes over there though have an ingredient called win but thats pretty much all i know confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:48 pm
Sure! I've never heard of an ingredient called "win," but here's a good recipe that I use for pancakes:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
pinch of salt

1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray.

2. In a blender or a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until smooth, but don't over mix.

3. Pour approximately 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot skillet, forming 5- inch circles.

4. When the edges appear to be golden brown, after a minute or two, flip the pancakes.

5. Cook the other side for the same amount of time, until golden brown.

Makes 8 to 10 pancakes  

Wintryicegoddess

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:32 pm
i didnt think anyone would actually reply lol, so thank you very much 3nodding i'll try this recipe tommorow morning when the family gathers demanding breakfast, i hope i cook it right sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 pm
Lol, so did you try it? If so, how was it?  

Wintryicegoddess

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:57 am
they liked it biggrin apart from my dad who's british and is used to the pieces of paper they call pancakes scream i actually had to double everything because my family are all gluttons whee  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:20 pm
Oh, good good I'm glad they liked it. smile  

Wintryicegoddess

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:19 pm
Well, I prefer to use Bisquick(lazy me, ta ta ta!) because flour and I don't get along so well. Although I'm not sure whether or not Bisquick is an American brand only...hum.
But anyway, I do like to be a wee bit...creative...with my pancakes. Or at least, I tend to make them more as a treat than a breakfast dish. So I must warn you; do not have them often, and plan to have breakfast as the biggest meal of your day. I reckon they pack quite a bit of calories.

Okay, since I'm terrible at writing my own recipes, I'll just give a list of ingredients that I use. Some aren't common with ordinary pancakes. I suggest adding as much or as little as you like. Measuring, for me, always ruins the pancakes. Plus, it's stoic and boring...

All purpose flour (or Bisquick, lol)
Buttermilk (only use with flour)
Egg(s)
Baking powder
Milk
Sugar
Vanilla
Cinnamon (very little)
Lemon juice (very, very little)
Optional: chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.

So, essentially, go with what Wintry gave you.
But if you're up for something that will satisfy your sweet tooth and fill you up, add what I suggested. x]

"KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games